POSITIVE TEST FOR H-PYLORI

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, any one know how long you have to take the medication for not got my perscription yet,thank you

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ella, I had h-pylori about 18 months ago and was given 2 lots of different antibiotics for a week and you will probably have a ppi for the heartburn. Normally these should clear it up which mine did. The Dr might give you another course of antibiotics if the first lot don't work. The Dr had to change one of the antibiotics because it gave me stomach cramps and severe diarrhea.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi could I ask if you had another test to see if it had gone 4 weeks after the triple therapy and did you take any probiotics after or during the course thank you
    • Posted

Hi, had a stool test months later and was told it had cleared up.I didn't take any probiotics during or after the course.
  • Posted

if you have Hpylori u will take a course of two weeks for antibiotics. 
    • Posted

Hi I have got one week triple therapy hope this works not sure to take probiotics after the course could I ask if you took anything after the course thank you
  • Posted

Hi ella, i had to take medicaction some years ago for h-pylore i think it was about 2 tio 3 weeks, just be aware that you will experience quite vivid dreams but it all cleared up.
  • Posted

hi ya i tested positive & took a 8day course of triple treatment which appears not to have worked.
    • Posted

Hi how did you know it didn't work ? I have finished the weeks triple therapy and have got to take lansoprazole twice a day for a couple of months I am getting pain still but not that bad
    • Posted

Hi there they checked my blood its still testing positive have to provide gp with stool test for confimed conformation will keep u updated .
    • Posted

Could I ask how long after the triple therapy was it before you had the blood test ? And did they tell you to take any landoprazol after the therapy for a couple of months to see if things get better this is what they have said for me to do.
    • Posted

hi ella approx 5-wk after therapy i was retested i have contacted my gp they are going to do a stool test to confirm for sure . At the moment im on prednisolone 20mg daily dapsone 1×200mg & omeprazole for stomach . I have stopped taking antihistmines & montelukast as they no longer work for me even though advised not to it has nt made things any different.
    • Posted

Hi Helen how are you ? It is 6 weeks since my triple therapy and I am still feeling that I have got the problem because my immune system is low ,I have made an appointment to get tested again to see if it's still active ,I hope they will test again, I hope you are feeling better x
    • Posted

hi ella im feeling better i have been retested and all seems to well no further action required. I have appointment at hospital today to see how the dapisone working i will keep you posted . i hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hello Ella

Can I ask how are you getting on now? And what were your symptoms beforehand thanks x

• Posted

Hi yasmeen I am still feeling much the same after triple therapy I have asked could I be retested, I have done a breath test an hour ago to retest I don't think you can have the same test twice i am going to post it soon I will get back as soon as I have results,my symptoms are worse in the morning just feel unwell my head at the back ached , and just like flu symptoms
    • Posted

Hi test results came back negative ,I feel a little better ,I still feel bad first thing when I in the morning , how are you feeling now? And have you had a second test ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.