Positive VA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all just wanted to say a positive for VA .only a couple of months ago I was at the end of my tether I was so down and felt life was over as I new it. No more yoga, zumba or making love. And endless uti Then I found this site and realized for the last 8 months or so i had been suffering with VA. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I went to my dr who was amazing put me on estriol and within a couple of weeks felt much better and 4 weeks on i am almost back to normal i am now on vegifam as not as messy. I can wait for it all to really get into my body they say 3-6 months to really feel the benifits but i feel so much better allready. I have found out i have a moderate prolapse and i am booked in the hospital to see a gyno next month but right now doing lots of pelvic exersizes and have a kegal8 machine in the hope I can avoid surgery. There is life after VA i hope all of you have the same positive results still very early days yet but fingers crossed I am looking forward th feeling totally normal again .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie, glad you're improving!

Can you talk about the kegal8 machine? What's it for & what's it do?

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi yellow88 I used to have a isure tens pelvic exersiser and had been using it for about 5 weeks and leeks and so forth certainly seemed less. So decided to get the kegal8 ultra 20 it's 3 times the price but the reviews were really good I have only been using it for one week and it's for prolapse stress and urge incontinence pelvic strenghtening and so far seems very good I do Manuel pelvic ones as well anything to avoid a operation it's early days yet you have to use it daily for 3 months then 1/2 times a week.i can now cough with out crossing my legs and hoping the getting stronger down below will help with moderate prolapse. It's worth the money to try. If it does not work at least I tried . And if it does that would be great.

• Posted

Hi Angie

thank you for sharing this as it is encouraging for the ladies just starting to get help for Atrophic Vaginitis!  I too have been doing very well with the Vagifem.....it has been such a blessing to have a normal life....it's been over a year now with 2x weekly.  How are you doing?

have a nice day

wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy I have only just gone down to 3 times a week I had a 3 week build up and at the moment I think 3 times a week will be ok I will see how I get on before going down to 2. I also have astriol cream to put a little on the vulva if and when needed. But so far all the desperate for the loo has gone the stabbing pain has gone i have no pressure at all in fact I have gone back to how I used to be which is such a relief I start zumba again on Thursday I am not sure if its the vagifem or the kegal I expect both had helped with the pressure. But so far I feel great . Hope you continue to do well too . For me it's only been 4 weeks I can't believe the difference. Can't wait for it too really get into my body .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.