Positives of being sober

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I posted my first post earlier as I'm starting my journey tomorrow of being sober.... I wanted to have some positives that I can look at when I will be finding it hard, so just wondering from your experience was positives you have found since sober and physical things or changes to appearance thanks everyone 👌

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

amazing effect being sober after 4 1/2 years. I can assure you that your skin will improve and your general outlook on life will be positive. You will sleep poorly initially as the body struggles with alchohol leaving.....long term much better sleep pattern. Best of luck for tomorrow. Robin
  • Posted

Change in appearance for sure.  Clearer skin and brighter eyes.  Clearer head and more energy.  Wanting to go out in the car again and drive with the music blasting.

Sleep a big problem but hopefully will conquer that - then I will be like Superwoman lol lol - and all because of much much less alcohol.

Yes, you will without a doubt experience changes and all for the better.

• Posted

Thanks Gwen better skin would be great as mine is dry and ageing me massively your words make me feel more determined thanks so much for reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.