Positve experience

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was very worried reading this forum whilst anticipating my colonoscopy.

The practioner told me that three quarters of people do not experience any pain,ten percent experience some pain or discomfort and I do think the people who have a really agonising time are in the minority.

Not only was my experince completely painless I actually cannot remember what happened. I think the sedatives must have worked like a magic wand.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That is the way it should be. The effect of the sedative is to wipe out the memory of the procedure.

I hope that you had a good result.

• Posted

Thx for that - very reassuring after reading other posts - pleased it went well for you !
  • Posted

I had the same experience, Laura, the sedative that they utilized was proponal.  It knocked me out and I awoke minus one polyp and no knowledge of what had transpired!! It was the BEST sleep I had had in years!!
  • Posted

Great to hear that you had a positive experience. I wish others who have no pain would comment also as it gives reassurance to those who are due one. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.