Possibility of having HIV?

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few weeks ago, maybe a tiny bit longer, my friend and I were smoking cannabis. Long story short, my friend picked up a syringe with his intention being to pack down the cannabis. He tried to pack it with the non-needle end but it was too big so he flipped it round and used the other end, I stopped him before he could try and do it properly but the needle may have touched the cannabis. Is it possible I have gotten HIV off this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No there is no chance of catching hiv this way for 2 reasons 1. Hiv does not live out side of the body it only survives inside bodily fluids 2. To catch hiv the infected fluid has to getvstrait in to your blood stream either by Injecting it having unprotected sex ect. You have nothing to worry about if you want to.put your mind at rest get a rest after 28 days flr your own peice of mind.
  • Posted

I there wasn't any blood involved than I think you are ok.  Plus, the AIDs virus can only live for about 3 seconds exposed to air.  Also, if the needle had not been used where blood was involved then there is no transference of a virus that can only live in blood (or a cell).  I would still check around and maybe contact an AIDs service organization in your area.  They would be the experts.

• Posted

Well this needle looked like it had been out in the park for quite a while, definitely more than 3 seconds lol, but it was a needle probably someone used to inject themselves with some type of drug...but yeah if u say HIV or AIDS only lasts outside the air for 3 seconds them im fine right
    • Posted

Yes i would say u r fine and the person who used it may not b hiv positive anyway i would say tonput your mind at rest have a test done 28 days after and do not use a needle to do that again.
    • Posted

So u are like 100% sure I don't have it? It's more likely I do or don't have it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.