Possible acromegaly

Posted , 3 users are following.

For a while now I thought since K probably have a pituitary tumor , I thoughg maybe I

Had Cushings based on my symptoms but

Now I notice some of my symptoms look like

acromegaly

I have definitely noticed more spacing between my teeth

Is growing spacing between your teeth

In your thirties normal ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey Courtney

If you thing you might have some symptoms of acromegaly  be sure to check it out.  One thing I know is that your joints all over would hurt because they would be growing in size which puts a lot of pressure and pain with knees, elbows , feet , spine etc. could there be another reason for the spacing in teeth did you get one pulled in the last year or two?  I will say you can drive yourself crazy with this because it affects soooooo much and can change on a dime and Dr.’s all think your  Sycho. Keep in touch.

• Posted

Thanks Kim for your message

I did get a tooth pulled a year or two ago but

The spacing is happening with most of my teeth

You don't want to eat a spinach salad with me

The endo is going to check my igf-1

But it is possible I already have

Hypopituitarism

Which can happen with acromegaly

• Posted

Hi Kim

It sounds like you also have a pituitary tumor

What were some of your symptoms?

If you would like to tell me

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there yes I have had a tumor about 7 yrs now. Last registered at 9 mm so micro once it hits 1cm it’s considered macro. Mine was found  through blood work. I have had numerous issues with my Thyroid, and also have Hashimotos  so while doing blood work noticed my prolactin levels quite high. Did MRI  found the tumor .
    • Posted

Mine is non functioning I do not leak from the breast etc.  Where I find an issue is that I am

Suffering from a variety of issues periodically. Which can happen when the tumor moves or goes on one side or the other. I have had high testosterone caused by the tumor. I have had high Cortisol caused my the tumor. I am now dealing with pancreatic issues which is linked (theythink) to my endocrine system it’s been a roller coaster of crap. I am now on a enzyme called Creon to help me digest food so I am

Not in the can all day and night.  Which is helping thank God!!!

• Posted

Hi Kim

High cortisol is usually

Linked with Cushing's Syndrome

Or Cushing's Disease

You might want to test for that

Since you've already had a pituitary tumor

• Posted

Oh ok, your saying it is the same tumor

Were you able to have surgery?

• Posted

Gums receding can have this effect too. Best see a dentist for a checkup. It is a zillion times more likely than pituitary disease.
    • Posted

However

It is already known I have pituitary disease

Since I know I don't have Addison's

• Posted

This must have come across as rather more unkind that I had intended. What I meant to say but didn't actually say is this: your dentist has specific training on how to recognise acromelagy and has probably knows about it in more detail than the million and one things that your GP is expected to remember.

• Posted

No, you just said it is more likely to be receeding gums

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.