Possible adrenal problem - shakings, adrenaline rush, palpitations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, wondered if any of you know what it could be. Years ago I made a silly things by drinking loads of coffee and apple juice and exercising straight after. I started shaking, I had palpitations, and my health deteriorated after that somewhat. I wasn't able to drink any caffeine or eat sugar, as I would feel really faint and weird and get palpitations. Now I often feel out of breath, my heart is pounding so hard that it often prevents me from sleeping, I feel uncontrollable shaking and often feel something that reminds of adrenaline rush.

I don't have diabetes or heart problems (checked with a doctor). Could this be adrenaline/cortisol level problem?

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have adrenal gland problems and thyroid problems.  Or perhaps I should say, I had.  Because with the help of medication I'm doing reasonably well. 

The shaking could be caused by a hyper thyroid.  Same with the sleeping problem.  The out of breath reminds me of my adrenal gland issues. 

?I can not drink anything caffeine, or eat anything sugary.  One small piece of chocolate will make my head spin. 

?So yes, it might be both - thyroid needs to be in balance with the adrenals. I would suggest you see a good doctor.

• Posted

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply! Glad to see that my conjectures might be correct, as I the doctors were being very unhelpful and could never pinpoint what was wrong with me. Which doctor do you need to see, endocrinologist?
    • Posted

For the thyroid I started with my MD.  Then was referred to ... too long ago.  For the adrenals I went to a nature path.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.