Possible allergies?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For several months on and off i have been getting the following symptoms:-

1. dry, itchy, gritty eyes, sometimes with discharge
  2. sinus irritation and facial pain
  3. very itchy scalp on top of my head
  4. headache located around my eyes/top of head

I have had blood tests and nothing is apparent, the doctor thinks it is allergy related. I have never suffered with hay fever before.

The headache is particularly difficult to deal with as it makes me dizzy and i struggle at work.

Anyone else have similar issues?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes I get something very similar. Have you ever experienced acne? It is quite common for acne sufferers to get your symptoms. Your eyes could be dry because there is excess oil in your glands blocking them, a good thing to try is a warm flannel over your eyes twice daily, or you can buy eye masks which you can heat up. Put them over your eyes for a few minutes. You can also get daily eye drops for moisturising your eyes, make sure they are preservative free. You can get some called systane, blink or liquifilm. There are also some drops called eyelergy for when they are irritated.

I find certain things make my headaches and nose pain worse like artificial sweeteners. I have a really good shampoo for my scalp called MooGoo natural milk shampoo it is the only thing that helps my scalp. Try changing your pillow cases every couple of days as well. You could be coming into contact with a perfume you are allergic to, either your own or someone else's that is making you dizzy. Have you got a new pet or have you been near someone else's?

Now another thing that sets my allergies off is a preservative that is in cleaning products, shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, hand washes and creams, sun tan lotion, cosmetics even some paints called Methylisothiazolinone. In fact it comes from a group of preservatives all of which cause allergies from skin problems to breathing problems. Anything ending in zolinone, avoid. Always read ingredients lists of everything they even put this in baby wipes! Apparently 10 % of the population are allergic to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.