Possible aneurysm?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

For the past three months I've had several 'attacks' of dizziness and heart palpitations.

After having undergone several tests and scans, the doctors finally concluded, through what I can only assume have been mind bogglingly big calculations and extremely precise observations, that my heart is in fact fine.

Okay.. enough of that, I'm sure they did what they could...

I have quite a lot of symptoms, and they only seem to call for more...

Most recent are as listed below:

- Fluctuating pulse, 50 to 120 BPM without physical activity

- Abdominal gnawing/burning sensation and bloating

- Pulsating sensation in upper abdomen

- Stabbing and burning sensation behind Xiphoid Proces

- Lump and pulse in throat (constant and extremely uncomfortable)

- Cold feet

- Weightloss, from 68 kg to 61 kg

- Nausea and fatigue

- Fullness after small meals

- Strong pulse behind sternum and upper abdomen, strong enough for me to count my heart beats...

- Stabbing upper back pain and consistent lower back pain ( ouch :-( )

- Bowel movement inconsistencies

- Chills and sweats

- Restlessness in hands and feet

- Breathlessness (I yawn 20-100 times a day)

- Tickling and burning sensation beneath left arm

- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and behind ear (left side)

INFO: Pulse and irritation in my throat worsens when I sit or lie down

I do apologise for my developing distrust, but I'm at my wits' end here :-( ...

I've had a CT scan, an MRI scan, an Echocardiogram, an Ultrasound examination and a gastroscopy examination ... All showed perfectly normal results ... of my heart (with the exception of the gastrocopy examination, which was of the interior of my stomach... )

During the past few days my throat has been annoying me non-stop, with a sensation of having a 'bubble' act up and make me want to cough or puke every time my heart beats. I have a strong pulse behind my sternum and in my upper abdomen, being too strong for me to just ignore. I am experiencing pain in my back. I have nausea. My head feels as if I'm hanging upside down. My right foot is constantly restless... A lot of symptoms I just wish weren't there....

I went to the doctor today for a stool examination, but on the way there I suddenly had an excruciating pain in my throat that felt like bursting bubble. The 'bubble' slowly grew and narrowed my breathing and prevented me from being able to swallow, it felt like it would rapture and hurt like... you can imagine. After breathing steadily and sitting still for two minutes or so it slowly went away again, leaving me with a sore throat and a batch of freshly baked anxiety.

Now, here is why I have begun to develop distrust: My doctor, after listening to my whole story, without flinching or looking at his screen for even a moment, told me it wasn't dangerous and that It was just acid reflux or psychological.

INFO: I am a 21 yeared male from Denmark. I worked out a lot before symptoms began showing. 194 centimeters tall and weights 61 kg. Family is known for having aneurysms and heart related problems. I drink about 3 liter of water each day. My environment is a ventilated room with a constant temperature of 23-25 degrees celsius. I stand up to stretch every hour or so. I have an ergonomic chair for my back and i try to always sit properly.

( ^ Sorry if oversharing, the doctors just always seem to use these things as an excuse to find a way out instead of saying that they don't know)

While I'm at it, I apologise for my negative attitude, I'm just very concerned! ... I'm 21 years old and can't do anything with my friends or have fun with any activity...

So... my questions are:

Have any of you experienced similar symptoms?

Anyone with any guess as to what this could be?

Anything I can do on my own?

All help and all answers are highly appreciated!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Normally with a lot of aneurysms from what I have seen there are no symptoms that occurr.  However this does not mean you a fine.  It sounds as they have done all the right tests.  Did they just scan your heart?  or did they scan your full aorta and body? 

I am currently waiting to have a MRI scan as I was diagnosed with an enlarged aorta but now they are uncertain if there is any problems.  If you have concerns with your blood pressure have they monitored this over a 24hr period to see if this is consistent.  

Things sound very frustrating for you and if you do not trust any results then I suggest you seek further advise to put your mind at ease.  

• Posted

You have had all the tests done, but you can never rule everything out, there is a good doctor you can talk to. I will give you that contact info.

Do you go outdoors a lot?  It sounds like it could be a tick bite, who knows.  

Anyways search for ArieBlitzMD on Twitter, that guy is super smart.

• Posted

Jacob - I think your symptoms are very worrrying. But you must be assured by the results of those tests but your symptomshave not gone away. You are probably looking at the heart for the problems because of your family history. So there must be other reasons for them. Can you remember when and what particular sympton started it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.