Possible Angina/CAD aged 28? Please read

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there,

I have a few questions regarding Angina Pain/Chest Pain.

What is the possibility of a 28 year old man having Angina/CAD?

And yes I'm talking about myself lol.

Basically I have always had chest pain. It started when I was 17 due to Anxiety. I have a Generalised Anxiety Disorder which I take medication for. Propranolol 40mg and Citalopram 10mg daily which I have taken for 10 years. Over the past year (2017) I have presented myself to A&E over 6 times with very very uncomfortable chest pains. The pain can either be Central (Behind my sternum) or to the left side behind my nipple. 90% of the time the pain is located behind my sternum. I can only describe it as a tight ache. OFTEN along with this pain I get a squeezing sensation in my left lower bicep, and also a ache in my left forearm. The pain in my chest can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4-5 hours and comes at rest. I've noticed lately my legs ache too..

I've spoken to doctors about this, and I have had 8 EKGs and blood tests what all came back normal. Apart from the last test which discovered I have Type 2 Diabetes and also high cholesterol of 7.9 ratio. I was put on Atorvastatin which did not agree with me. I used to suffer heartburn but rarely do now as I take a PPI when I can.

In all honesty I'm fairly inactive, my diet is terrible (I'm looking to change that) and I am a smoker of around 20 per day.

The only symptoms regarding my chest pain are - Central Chest tightness, Left sharp pain behind nipple and also left pain in my arm. This has been progressing for around 1 year to date.

I have spoken to doctors and the only reply they give is "There is nothing wrong with your heart"

How reassuring is this? Yeah.. I'm an idiot and I Google alot. Hence why I'm here...

I'm just looking for some advice from anybody who has any knowledge and information for me.

I'm 28 years old, 6ft 1. Have a bottle of a belly (16st 8lbs). Not an active person with a poor diet. I have smoked for 15 years 20 a day.

Any advice I am grateful. Thank you x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im 36 with a slight heart condition. But not deadly. Just controled with a beta blocker. I get chest pain all the time had so many test just had a nuclear stress test and saw a pulmonologist. My lungs and heart are fine. So they think it's anxiety. Which I do have. I have bipolar disorder multiple personality disorder PTSD. So some anxiety I maybe getting could be from my other alters.

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your suffering Samantha, I've only ever had an EKG, well multiple, Im starting to think maybe it could be Stress or Anxiety, but I don't understand how I get this at rest, do you? Thanks for your comment x

• Posted

I get it at rest to. I get sometimes a dull pain right near my heart but most of the time a sharp pain on my right side of the chest. To ease your mind and rule out your heart if you ha e insurance go see a cardiologist. See what he or she says. An EKG only picks up activity when the event is currently happening. So if your not having pain at the time the EKG is done it will not show anything on the EKG. If you are having pain while the EKG is being done and nothing shows then it's probably not your heart. I'm not a doctor by any means but since I found out I have diastolic dysfunction I've learned and read up a lot about the heart and how it functions.

• Posted

Samantha thankyou so much for your reply. Its nice to know someone is willing to read what I have said and comment, I feel like I am judged on my Mental Illness of Anxiety on this subject. And you have listened to me and gave your opinion. I respect that. Unfortunately, I will be visiting my GP again here in the UK, and will ask for a second opinion regarding my chest pain. Sometimes you have to be assertive I guess x
  • Posted

Ya I'm not sure how the UK doctors work. I'm from the us and they always like to rule out everything. I'm on a lot of these patient forums for different problems I have or have had. And a lot of people are from the UK and always talk about a & e which is queen Elizabeth hospital right? I thought I saw a show here in Tennessee US on security there. I've always wanted to go to the UK. I'm sure it's beautiful. Sorry but anyway. Some people on these forms complained about a&e. You should check out the anxiety forum there's a lot of people on there all time. I hope you get answers if you ever want to talk just send me a message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.