Possible aniexty help..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wanted to put this out there because many of us deal with anxiety.  I go thru spurts of staying in just because it's comfortable and I can be myself.  Usually, I panic around holidays and other events, even work too. It's horrible as I shouldn't feel like this-- when I was younger I always went with the flow.  Now I believe I tend to 'over think' things.   So I saw a friend about 2 weeks ago and her hair was amazing and she mentioned it was probably Spirulina helping.  So since my hair has been thin and limp, I bought some pills-- she takes it in the powder form.  Well, after a few days I noticed that I was calm-- Easter was around the corner and I didn't think twice about it.   Went to church and then in-laws for a gathering..   It was like I was at peace.  Very strange because I tend to 'worry' about gatherings.  So I'm wondering if it was the Spirulina or maybe now the anxiety is just gone..  I don't know so I thought if someone would like to try and see if they notice a difference with it as well.  I've read that it's a superfood and helps with many things..  Could help someone else.  : )

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I have heard of spirulina but never tried it so might give it a go. I have noticed over last couple of years that I'm more anxious about going out. Combined with physical symptoms i had just had enough of not feeling like myself and went to a Menopause Clinic. When i described this feeling of almost agrophobia to the gp, she said it was surprisingly common, and she once had a patient who didnt leave the house for nearly 5 years till she got her hormones in balance. Helped me feel a little less anxious about feeling anxious, if you know what i mean.

• Posted

Hi kelly,

Thank you for sharing this 🙏🏼 Sounds amazing ! Hopefully it will help you as well, I’m going to research it myself and try some.

Deb x

• Posted

Hi.  Do you know what she mixes the powder in?  I bought some but having a hard time drinking it
    • Posted

She motioned a small shot glass so I'm assuming it's in the morning first thing straight with water.  But I'm sure you can mix it with smoothies.  I'm thinking of buying the powder and adding it to my morning smoothie.  The pills are fine but sometimes I forget and the dosage is 6 small pills a day!!!  The powder might be easier.

• Posted

My husband uses spiralina powder and adds to his omelette in the morning..
    • Posted

That’s a good idea.  What positive benefits does he get from using it?
  • Posted

His use is pretty sporadic.. I do know it's supposed to have good health benefits.. so may as well give it a go...😃😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.