Possible auto immune problem please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys new to the group been having multiple symptoms and troubkes for some years now.. i am a 23 yr old whit male. 

I have just found out i have low complement c3 and c4, and have been reffered to a rheumatologist.. any idea on what these results mean?..

My dr has said it means i more than likely have an auto immune disorder. Thanks for any help 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Measurements of serum components c3 and c4 are done to diagnose some blood associated infectious diseases.  Hope this helps and you get it sorted out.

Many people have autoimmune diseases that can be helped/controlled through medication.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! All other tests have been normal so its hard to find out whats causing all my problems
  • Posted

Component C3 is the most important and abundant protein in the complement system. It is placed on microbes to destroy them. By measuring complement C3 levels, especially in how they compare with other parts of the complement system, your healthcare provider can diagnose and monitor treatment of certain diseases. One of the diseases that commonly involves abnormal C3 is systemic lupus erythematosus, or lupus, an autoimmune disorder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.