Possible Blepharitis Cure...

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey guys, I want to share my story with you in the hopes that this will cure other suffers. I also want you to let me know how it works with you.

I suffered with Blepharitis for about a couple of years, I'm not sure how it all started but damn it was so annoying. Red eyes, flakes, it really impacted on the quality of my life. If you go to see any medical professional they will say there is no cure and shoo you away. Well I'm a chemist myself and like to experiment, I was first hit by a newspaper article in the Daily Mail about a man that cured his Blepharitis with a 99p jar of honey applying twice daily, morning and night.

I thought okay, this is the Daily Mail! Might be a load of hogwash, but being a chemist I know that Honey is jam packed with antibacterial agents as well as antioxidants etc. I bought a jar and tried it anyway - any jar will do but I found the darker honey (less refined) better. I tried two, a clear brand from Essex way and Rowse dark honey but honestly, any will do. Sometimes I only applied this once a day and mixed it with a little bit of saliva before applying to my eyes, sometimes eating some too! The honey dries fairly soon, so it does not feel weird or give you more discomfort by the way. Sure enough after 2-4 weeks the flakes had gone. I was still left with redness and some dry skin but not the flakes that would constantly have to be brushed away.

I tried all sorts, I felt the eye cream goldeneye provided very limited relief but I used that, I used optrex on my eyes (This is like a coffee for my eyes, pretty good in the morning!) and felt that taking Vitamin B / Cod Liver Oil also contributed but I think my best aid came in the form of a certain type of exercise...

Swimming, I think that the chlorine and chemicals in the pool could have helped to alleiviate the symptoms. Here I am now with totally normal eyelids from suffering all this, so I just wanted to share it. Also I would recommend you keep touching your eyes to a minimum to stop the propagation of your symptoms. I hope this helps! Any questions please reply...

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear UKSuvivor,

Isn't this wonderful!  I have been using Doctor Manuka #20 on the base of my lashes twice a day for four months now.  I went to the eye doctor on Wednesday and he saw no signs of blepharitis.  My symptoms are completely gone!!!  I just wish more people would try this remedy and not suffer!

Good for you....Dawn

• Posted

How do you put the honey on your eyelids without getting it in your eye?

I've just had cataract surgery on both eyes and am leery about what I put

in my eyes....

Thanks....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.