Possible Bronchi

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey guys

iv posted a good few times before on here. This time, we might be getting somewhere finally. I have CLD, Asthma and have had so many chest infections I wouldn't want to begin to count.

Pnuemonia twice, plurisey, exerbations of asthma. This weekend i was admitted to a&e locally. Kept in with usual bloods, X-rays, arterial gasses ( which effin kills btw ). Official diagnosis was plurisey again. Given IV antibiotics along with Clarithromycin and prednisone. Along with all of this i was asked on a numours occasions if I smoked, drugs anything which could affect my llungs, which of the last questions were a definite NO. I was also tested for DVT and Clots on lungs. Which come back negative. 

Before I was discharged after four doses of IV, and told to continue my treatment at home orally, I had a visit from the doc treating me saying they had spoken to the Local Respiratory Team at my hospital and they have agreed to order a high density CT scan to look at my lungs also full blood tests which go deeper than the normal tox screen and blood counts. Why my lungs have changed since I had my last one twelve month this ago and why the capacity of my lungs are changing. So fingers cross I have an answer to share with you. If anyone has had these test leading to a diagnosis I'd love to hear.

cheers everyone and good health!

phil from Liverpool UK 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Little update people.....

iv just had a call from my hospital. CT scan booked for tomorrow morning. 36 hours after being released from hospital. Is this normal? Could they have found something in my blood test? Or do they want to catch it while I'm still on antibiotics

Cheers

• Posted

HI  i was reading your post   and had simalar probs like you y    The worst thing for me if i go to a&e dept  they insist on blood gas test   i h towayate them  

Anyway  the only  way to find if you have BX is with a ct scan   I was diagnosed with BX nearly 2years ago    

• Posted

I have brociec and asthma as well and have never smoked. ER thought I had phenomia but after a CT scan bronchiectasis was deteremined. I believe your CT scan will get you the right diagnosis. You cannot possibly be treated properly without proper diagnosis,  Hang in there and get answers, don't settle as you don't want or need to do anymore damage to lungs if its bronc.  good luck, stay positive.....

• Posted

Hi

i have now had my app through, another 7 weeks. Is this about the same as your app when awaiting to find out. 

• Posted

sorry, I'm confused, so you had a CT scan and has it been read yet? or are you waiting for appt in 7 weeks for results?  I had scan read earlier than that. antibiotics can be continued while you are waiting for further diagnosis. Be careful in the meantime of being near sick people and wash hands constantly to minimize further germs. Lots of water will help thin mucous until then.  Keep us updated, hope you are feeling a bit better....

• Posted

Hi

Sorry what I meant was, I'm still on antibiotics for another few days. I was discharged last Monday from hospital n 36 hours later had my CT.

I now have my date for consultation with doc in 7 weeks. Is this about the normal waiting time before getting any official diagnosis?

Cheers

Phil

• Posted

I didn't wait that long after CT, I live in states near Boston MA  How are you feeling in the meantime, are you coughing lots up   If you are not feeling better I would try to get results earlier or maybe they could call with results... its just a a matter of reading the scan.... just seems like a long time to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.