Possible CFS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I’m a 23 year old Male, very active gym goer. I’m having crippling fatigue periods, I get so weak and lethargic, hot and clammy, headaches. It’s got more frequent and it’s actually not gone away for a month now. I do find the gym makes it worse within 3 hours, last night I ended up the hospital in pain all over my body.

My GP is very lazy and doesn’t want to investigate. I’ve had my bloods done and all of them came back normal. To my knowledge I’ve not been tested for any cancers. 

I don’t know what to do you really, I’ve not had any virus to start this off like most. I suffer with anxiety and depression. But I didn’t feel depressed when it first happened, in fact the depression came after.

I’m going back on anti depressants today on a higher dose to try and tackle it, really don’t know what to do anymore - the gym is the one thing I love and now it’s gone. Am I missing something? The doctor said my TSH levels are normal and that’s that enough to prove a healthy thyroid. The wonderful NHS for you.. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan

Sorry to hear your feeling so ill.

What you describe having terrible fatigue then the depression came after is what happened to me.

I also suffer with depression and anxiety and take meds for it.

When you're in a relapse u must rest sou ds like u did too much at the gym then crashed.

How often did u used to go?

For how long?

Maybe your doctor is one that still believes it's a mental illness rather than a illness that causes mental problems.

Fatigue is not just tired it pulls the plug on u doesn't it.

But it's not your fault.

Do u have understanding family / friends?

Kay

• Posted

Hi Dan

It's quite early days if I have read your message correctly, around a month that you have been getting severe fatigue? So many reasons to develop severe fatigue but good that you are investigating and trying to get to the route of the problem.

If it is the start of cfs i'm sure you know by now that pushing yourself physically and mentally are the worst things to do, but I would recommend looking at your nutrition, to make sure you are giving your body every chance you can to fight whatever you have. Try cutting out any alcohol, refined sugars, processed foods like white bread, white pastas and packaged meals, and if you aren't already, prepare your own healthy meals and include some oily fish, fruits. Just really look after yourself and try and lead a clean a lifestyle as possible for a while at least to see if anything changes. 

This may sound wishy washy but it could make all the difference.

I see a different GP every time and most have been empathetic but some not so, hopefully you won't go back to your lazy doctor. 

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hl dan 

I’m on my 7th Doctor and 5th blood test most drs don’t test properly so I’ve had to keep going back and being referred to different drs is a pain .

Even my emergency visit didn’t test for mono Epstein Barr  .  Your blood tests are your ammunition so try to get them done properly . Then at least you’ll have a diagnosis .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.