Possible change in migraine going into menopause, is this a migraine headache?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had migraine aura without headache since my mid twenties steadily getting worse going into perimenopause until I was having 8-12 a month. Usually visual ones but also dizzy, double vision and facial numbness. Getting closer to menopause I experienced more nausea but still no headache. At the age of 49 my irregular period went to spotting every few days then one bad period ending at the beginning of June, I'm now 83 days since my last period. I know it has to be 365 days before it's official but I think this could be the start.

Yesterday I had some feelings of nausea and what might have been a left sided aura in the afternoon, it wasn't a normal one for me just a blurry area bottom left of my vision but I had the usual weird facial sensations around it.

At about midnight a headache began at the top right of my head, I could pinpoint the place. One minute it wasn't there then there was this severe constant steady pain that lasted all night and into the next day when I could finally go downstairs and get painkillers. I've had bad throbbing headaches in the past unrelated to migrainebut this feels different. Does this sound like migraine headache to you?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.