Posted , 3 users are following.
Hi. i am being monitored as i have a small area of Barretts cells and a hernia. after my last scope in October they reported possible cell changes and i am due to have another in February to check things. Meanwhile my consultant has instructed I raise my dose of lansoprazole to 60MG and take it all at one time. I had previously been taking 45mg split into two doses daily. I started feeling sick and had diahrroea almost immediately and have had a blistery rash every now and again. i am wondering if this dose is just too high and if there is an alternative medication. the doc has done blood and stool sample tests this week , and i have no results as yet , but i have had a rubbish time over christmas with these problems. THE doctors are not all that knowledgable and say to stick with what the consultant says. they think that the large dose has surpressed the acid so much that its possible normal gut bacteria have been able to get a bit of a hold. what does anyone think? should i stick this out till next scope? have almost decided to get the hernia repair op. (but a little scared of this) this would hopefully mean I am lansoprazole free. need to get confirmation of cell changes to move on Barretts problem.
0 likes, 6 replies