Possible complications from UTI?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi ,

I went to doctors back in April and was told that i had UTI and given Trimethoprim. I was initially given 3 days course but could tell it had not cleared so went back and they gave me 4 more days.

I was feeling better as had pains in lower back and could feel it going to my kidneys at the time. After about a week though i was getting a dull occasional pain on my left side which I stupidly ignored.

Since then I have been having multiple symptoms which come and go as they please. Waves of dull burning aching on my lower back, Stomach and groin cramps, only occasional burning when peeing, but do feel burning down in vaginal area more recently. Still get occasional dull aches normally on left side just at top of ribcage.

I also get strange pulsating in body in different areas like a weird rumble ?

Ive had enough of it and even though not in excruciating pain i find it difficult to walk for extended lengths of time as my lower area is just nagging and feels like it needs to rest.

Will be going to Doctors next week but just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this - if it could be to do with UTI at all?

Thanks in advance

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there I've had the same as you for a couple of years now and I take an antibiotic every day all the time now as a prevention because I was just getting infections constantly even when I was on antibiotics I was referred and had to have a camera to look inside my bladder but all was ok so doctor just put me on tablets to take all the time which I have been much better but I still get a lot of pain now and again which is not uti I get all the pains and symptoms as you explained but I do suffer with chronic Ibs so I put it down to that I wonder if it's the same for you one seems to start the other one off and uti and ibs do have a lot in common and have some of the same symptoms,.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply .

It's interesting you say that as I had been looking at ibs symptoms too !

It's so hard when you are trawling through the internet and your symptoms match some but not others and you just feel confused ! 

Hoping docs can find out quickly 

Did you also feel sometimes when walking around you just needed a seat - like all your mid section and stomach was clenching and twisting / burning - kind of like period pains all the time but they radiate around your whole mid section ?

• Posted

Yes and also I compare it like Labour pains the pain builds up and dies down don't know if you have had children but I have to stop what I'm doing and breath through that pain till it goes , but it does effect my legs back and all my stomach such strange pain and symptoms .
  • Posted

Hi rachealinnc, so sorry you still suffering with UTI symptoms I know they can be very hard to get rid of if they get well embedded.

i came down with one around three weeks ago and when I come off the antibiotics they seem to come back, I feel pain in kidneys the need to wee more as it is starting then high pulse and feeing very tired.

i think I need to go back despite two lots of antibiotics, I know I am sick of feeling unwell.

i suggest you go back to GP and ask them to test urine again and for them to let you know what strain you have.

good luck.

• Posted

Try & find out why ? by possible referral to a urologist if GPs can't do more specific culture via microbiologist . Trouble is you have to suffer while this goes on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.