Possible Costochondritus?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Sorry for the long first post.

I have had chest pains, ectopic heart beats, feeling ill and weak for 10 years now and having a major flare up at the minute.

When this first started I was shipped off to CCU but they said it was costo.

GP says its not. He does not know whats wrong with me.

Blood tests are excellent. I also have to have Vitamin B12 every three months due to surgery 35 years ago so not sure if this in part of it.

Since then I have developed Atrial Fibrilation which comes and goes but it usually triggered by stressing my chest muscles (heavy lifting etc) the previous day. Cardio says heart is fine after having echo.

For the last three years I have had fairly constant pain in the neck, sternum and across the top of my chest, which can hurt on moving, but shifts around these areas.

But I feel sickly most of the time and fell weak and unwell if I try to do any physical work, even bending and weeding the garden. This can include cold sweats and going pale. Doctors dont seem to understand the problem with the exercise intolerance.

Its like I have had a cold/flu illness and then try to get back to normal too quickly, but then just fell awful and weak.

I am having a flare which is worse than normal now. I had an appointment in March with the GP to try to get referred but cancelled with the COVID crisis .

Does this sound like Costo even with the lack of pain when pressing my sternum which is always mentioned in any description of the condition?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.