Possible digestive/stomach related problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I’m 16 years old, a female, and I have very constant diarrhea, bloating, and gas (both ends). I have diarrhea at least twice a week, and it usually lasts the day. It’s very uncomfortable. I have acid reflux, but I didn’t know if they could somehow be related. My acid reflux causes painful hiccups and belching. I don’t really want to see a doctor unless I’m sure something is wrong. I’m thinking it could be a food allergy, such as dairy, meat, gluten, etc., but don’t know how to be sure. If anyone might have any suggestions, or advice, please reply!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Unfortunately you will have to seek medical attention. For now relax and it seems to be just a simple bug or helycobacter.. but for that you need gp to determine exact diagnose and treatment. Dont stress and be strong.
    • Posted

Thank you for the response, EdEire. At this point I have ruled out an infection or bug because of the persistence. It’s been almost two years. It’s more or less just an annoyance, rather than a stress. Thank you so much!
  • Posted

You could try cutting out dairy, gluten and meat.and try a a food diary.  Avoid gassy vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and brussels sprouts and avoid fizzy drinks.  However, I would see your doctor.  Even if it is just a food intolerance, that still means that something is wrong.  The only way to be sure, is to get professional medical help from your doctor.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply, pippa58442. I will definitely try the food diary/ avoid certain foods for a short amount of time to see if it will change anything. I have a very short bowel transit time too, so that leads me to think that it is a food allergy. As for a doctor, I really don’t like going, especially for something embarrassing like this. But if I have to I have to. I’m also getting stick poke allergy testing done, and I wonder if that could lead into some discoveries too. Thank you!
    • Posted

Don't be embarrassed! Doctors have seen it all before.  Seeing a doctor gives you the best chance of getting better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.