Possible enlarged prostate. Early signs

Posted , 12 users are following.

Every hour I have to go to the toilet. My bladder isn't fully and nothing much comes out. But the need to go is unbearable. It's all I can think about even 20 minutes after having gone. I am 36 years old and have never really had a strong bladder. But in the past month it's gotten a lot worse.

I had to come home from work today the problem is so bad. I've also told them not to expect me back until I can get a handle on the problem.

On monday I'm going to register at my local clinic. Luckily it's less than a 10 minute walk!

I've read a few stories on here and the treatments being offered (TURP and Prostate massage) don't appear to help at all.

I'm not in any pain, I don't wake up in the night wanting to piss, but there is something pushing down on my bladder.

I am very careful with my diet being a vegetarian. For a few weeks I went without carbs and thought my problem might be due to this, so I stopped and started eating carbs again. This didn't work.

If I am diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and didn't want to suffer with this for the rest of my life. Would a removal of the prostate 'cure' the bladder problem?

How are sufferers able to work when in constant need of the toilet. My work doesn't allow me free access to the toilet except on scheduled breaks. Has anyone worn an adult diaper and if so was it effective in holding a reasonable amount of liquid?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As long as you rush to get a Doctor's appointment, there is no issue with taking precaution yourself.

I had an infection in my prostate (I thought it was Kidney/UTI) but almost immediately, with the pain, began wetting my pants. I experienced a mixed bag of urgency and incontinence symptoms. Before I could even get into the Dr. I was sure to get some daytime pullups and plastic nightime briefs so I could continue on without doing much more laundry.

After visiting with the doctor, I found that it could take a week to clearup, so I was glad to have the diapers until things cleared up. They are also much more comfortable than wet cold pants. I actually wore them for about another week, in case of residual accidents, and because they are comfy.

• Posted

My husband has been taking the Dr Max Powers Prostate Support for 2 weeks, in the first week he reported less trouble passing water and the dull ache in his testicle has almost gone. He is very pleased with the tablets. They are a little expensive but that is not an issue if they supply relief.

I can hardly tell you how relieved he is to have found that these work for him.

• Posted

Hello, did you find out what is going on with your prostate?

I've been having issues with my prostate for a few years. I had it check for cancer but nothing was found. I took antibiotics for several weeks and that seem to help. Then it would start back up. I can feel my prostate enlarged but I never have a problem urinating. This does effect me sexually as well so I haven't been active in over a year. I'm only 27yrs old and im just tired of it. I noticed when I drink coffee, orange juice, vodka it bothers my prostate. Also, one day I woke up feeling like a had an infection and then I felt my prostate dull pain coming on. Can you give me some insight on what is going on? Tips?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.