Possible Epididymitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I’ve been sexually active with my partener for a few weeks now (unprotected). About four days ago we had unprotected sex. The next day I began experiencing tenderness in the rear of my right testicle. 

Through online research the closest thing I could find this to possibly be was Epididymitis. However all I have is the tenderness. There is no swelling, no discharge, no painful urination. 

Could this possible be from intense sexual activity or could it be Epididymitis without the other symptoms? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try taking some anti-inflammatories like Advil for a few days to see if it helps. If not then get your doctor to write you a prescription for the anti-biotic Keflex which is specific for epididimytis. If in fact that is what you have then it is still in the acute stage so you can cure it before it becomes chronic.

Also it could be an epidydimal cyst at the base of the testicle so you should get a physical exam from a urologist that specializes in testicular pain.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. Doctor today prescribed me doxycycline. Hopefully this takes care of it. He mentioned something about me possibly having chlamydia. What’s the chance of having chalmydia with no other symptoms besides the rear of my testicle being sore?

• Posted

I don't know but it is easy to confirm if you have a STD and/or UTI. This should be done exactly so they can be eradicated now before chronic prostatitis develops which can lead to BPH in later years. Get an exact determination of what you have!

• Posted

Thanks again

So I went to the doctor and they prescribed me doxycycline. I’m on day 5-6 of it and still have a slight soreness in my testicle. The pain has drastically improved though. Should I be concerned about this slight tenderness or just be patient?

• Posted

I think you need to know exactly what you have as there can be many causes of your problem. Then it can be treated directly so hopefully it does not recur. So it is important to be proactive and not passive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.