Possible Fibromyalgia

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all, in the last 2 weeks ive had a flare up of a lot of symptoms which had me down at the docs for tests for rheumatoid arthritis, which came back inconclusive and now im waiting for my appointment with a rheumatologist. symptoms as follows - insomnia, tight tendons in feet and hands, thumbs, sore feet, painful hands, thumbs and wrists, pain in neck, jaw, shoulder, pinprick like pains in elbows, thumbs, big toes, hands, stomach, body jerks when trying to relax, swelling in armpits, neck and wrists, startle easily at sudden noises. im hoping to get a diagnosis soon. if any of you have experienced similar symptoms i would like to hear, thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Selina

sorry to hear this but its not unusual my ferretin has dropped from 1200 now to 525 which was great but I have found similar issues as yours

used to be very active sportmans running gym golf etc but now its hard to walk ,I am very stiff in the back and hips and find it hard now to walk at all , i do sympathise with the feeling of body jerking for no reason happens to me down my right side

I have had lots of physio some good some absolutely awful they can wreck you , had lots of hydrotherapy that is really good if you can get on a course

my consultant has suggested facet joint injections but these really are best to avoid having researched it

I am pleased you raised the discussion as we learn more on this forum than anywhere else

keep well and lets hope for some good advice

best tom

• Posted

I had undiagnosed hemochromatosis for 1 year. unfortunately I got freaked out. Lost 50 lbs. aching every day. I hope you get diet counseling. also to relieve the anxiety my Dr prescribed trileptal and it took that nervous anxiety down a lot. Peace

• Posted

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia before the hemochromatosis diagnosis. I have/had extreme fatigue, pain in my joints - dull as well as shooting pains. It had gotten so bad in my hips I was having trouble walking. I was taking Gabapentin, and then switched to Lyrica. The medication has been incredibly helpful for me. It has helped both the fatigue and the pain. I still have pain sometimes, but not like it was.

My ferritin never got really high (I got "lucky" with an early diagnosis of it.) So I think it is quite possible you have more than one thing going on. RA was ruled out for me, as was OA and Lyme disease. I got tested for just about everything, and when it all came back negative, was given the fibro diagnosis.

I find that massage, warm baths and chiropractor treatments help as well. Acupuncture did not seem to help, but we're all different.

• Posted

thanks for that. im finding that getting sleep helps. Keeping my stress levels to a minimum and not overdoing things. i must have had a massive flare up. still getting odd pains and aches here and there.

• Posted

A lot of this can be treated and it's with eating a Keto diet.

I know you are thinking I don't know what I am talking about but it is true a lot of these problems are due to carb/sugar consumption which is why I always advise patients to give Keto a go for 3-6 months minimum 95% have had big improvements.

• Posted

I have both fibromyalgia and hemochromatosis. I was diagnosed with fibro a couple of years after my hemochromatosis diagnosis. It sucks that a bit of the symptoms over lap. Especially the fatigue. There are days that it is very hard for me to stay awake. And days where I really push myself it is even worse. My advice is to take it easy and not over do it. Especially if you do have fibromyalgia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.