Possible foot fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello people

Jan 2001 I had right foot navicular pieced together with pins and 3 month recovery.  All fine happy camper for 10 years and very athletic.  Then January 2012 instant pain started up and found out infested with arthritis. Gotten worse and worse so they say fusion is the ticket. I'm 67 now and worried about no weight bearing in my home with stairs to get into to  (15).  Plus I have such spinal stenosis my left hip kills me.  So I am debating if I can handle the fusion with this left hip... thank you for input

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I had a mid foot fusion 1-2 years ago it took 4 and a half months off work - I walked with an Iwalk2 and zimmer frame as my balance is not good - like you I have bad pain in hip/pelvis and the mobility aid added to hip/pelvic pain - now been told arthritis has spread so there's nothing further they can do - my advice if you are overweight lose as much as you can asap this will take the stress off foot and have a long talk to your consultant so you understand what they plan to do, what it will achieve and what are the complications - my Mulder's click and Morton's neuroma are much better but I still have pain in 6 different areas of my foot and manage with steriod injections

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.