Possible gallbladder issue hospital said chest pain help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the hospital in a small town while I was visiting, due to the extreme pain under my right breast behind ribs. The pain was so bad I was writhing and crying. Natural birth wasn't this bad, and I did that twice. I vomited for 6 hours even with the zofran. My question is since the hospital said chest pain will the next dr listen to me? I need relief and I don't want the horrible pain again.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you do have gallstones then the first thing you need to think about is your diet; it needs to be fat free.   The pain associated with gallbladder disease is intense and sometimes scary ..... you need to go to your own doctor who will send you for a scan.   
    • Posted

Due to the heart issue, I already eat a very low fat diet. I do splurge once a month and have a blt with antacid. What kind of dr should I be looking for?
    • Posted

When I was first diagnosed with gallbladder problems I went on a low fat diet; however, my doctor told me I had to have a fat free diet.   This has certainly helped me.   If you reside here in England you need to sign up to one of the many health centres to be able to see a family doctor (GP) - if you live elsewhere I don't know how the system would work, but you could always do what you did before and visit A&E (or ER) .... the symptoms I've experienced are pains on my right side which radiate to my back on the right side, a very tight chest and sometimes vomiting.  I hope you find some help.  
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm in the US so it's a little differnt but a family dr is the same here. So I'll make an app with one. Recently moved so I'll have to find a new one. Thanks again for your time.
    • Posted

you're very welcome Laylarenee ..... keep us posted on how things progress.
  • Posted

Well if the doctor has anything about him he will do more tests! You have to make him listen to you! That pain is dreadful ask your doctor if you can have a scan just to make sure, it might not be your gall bladder xxx 
  • Posted

Hi 

ask for a scan it's quick and easy and immediately shows gallstones ..don't suffer when you don't need to .

hope you get sorted soon ...

• Posted

I had the same pain as you and like you i thought it was worse than labour pains , I suffered on and off for years but i have had an ultra sound and a gastroscopy and that confirmed Gallstones , I am due to have my gallbladder out in May but all i can think of is that i will not get that terrible pain again , Do go to your own Doctor and ask them to send you for the scans and gastroscopy don't be waiting years like me . HOPE YOU GET SORTED SOON , MAZx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.