Possible GBS!?!?!?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently had the full rabies vaccine including immunoglobulin after I was bit by a dog and didn't get the information. I am upset with myself because the vaccine was and still is harsh. I worry because I do have some pins and needles very little but still noticeable at times in my toes and hands. My right arm however both arms are a little weak at times going away but toward the evening get noticeably weaker. I still have my grip strong and can walk.My lower back had some on and off pain more so starting today but I worked out today and it went away for a bit and came back as I rested. It has been three weeks from the initial shot and one week and a day from the last vaccine. I'm 30 almost 31 yr old help I'm so afraid this is GBS!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Great news my friend I highly doubt gbs my son had it at three years old it is quick and paralize you it does not come and go and no pain just lose your muscles hope you get better keep me updated
  • Posted

I had a milder case following the Tdap vaccine.
  • Posted

Talk to your doctor for sure, but I too doubt that it's GBS.  GBS pretty much always starts in your feet and moves up.  They can tell your for certain though with some testing!

Much sympathy on the rabies vax.  My sister had to do it when we were kids (similar story re: stray dog bite) and it was miserable.  I mean better than rabies obviously, but miserable.

• Posted

Thank you I will all my doctor. That vaccine is really harsh I feel for anyone that needs it! Hope all is well.
  • Posted

Hi, I am not a dr but saw a neurologist yesterday for what I was

Told could be ms.He is fairly sure I have GBS.I was shocked.Will be

having a EMG next week. From what I have and what you are saying

Is somewhat different but cases are different.You need to be

checked right away.It is something you can recover from.

It is scary at first but my feet tingle a lot and then numbness

creeps up to hips.I can't walk at this point but after a bit the

feeling comes back until the next time.Do you have a lot

of pain?

They call it neuropathy.If you don't then maybe not

GBS.Good luck to you.

• Posted

I have not had what I can tell is numbness. Today my right food was tingling and had some in my hip but is gone already. It felt more like a pulled muscle or muscle cramp. I've been having some muscle twitches not many and last only seconds and are gone. Thank you for the reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.