Possible HS??? PLEASE HELP !?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So for as long as i remember i have had these lumps under my right arm (2 so far) and 1 on each side of my groin area. they are painful and burst (flare up and calm the flare again). If you attempt to pop they move under the skin and absolutely kill! I never went to the doctor because i was embarrassed and thought they were simply ingrown hairs... but they did not improved so i decided to see the GP. They gave me flucloxacillin (500mg 4 times a day and hibiscrub) i have only just finished the antibiotics but the two main lumps under the arm and the two on the groin area are still present, i've been told to wash with hibiscrub even after the course of antibiotics finish, however nothing seems to be improving...

Do i ask the doctor if it could be HS?

Should i be concerned?

They can be really painful during the day and being a girl with one located just above where my bra is sometimes it rubs also causing it to burst...

PLEASE HELP 😦

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have 2 one on each thigh they refuse to go away, they break and come back for many years. All I can do is cover with bandage and they seem to stay under control. They are in a bad place as skin rubs.

I had 5 under one arm I had to go to a surgent to get them removed couldn't get dermatologist to do those. Year later 2 small ones showed up under that arm I just ignore. If they don't bug you I would leave those alone. They don't heal fast at all under the arm.

The one by your bra sounds like a spot a dermatologist could remove in his office at low cost. Find a good dermatologist, hopefully they remove it and corderize the area and that stops it.

Most doctors dont know what to do with H.S. Took me 10 years to even know what it was. Those antibiotics and topical cream do nothing for these. When a doctor puts you on that stuff find a new doctor.

I actually think Accutane can stop these things but its a contraversal drug. I have been on that drug like 4 or 5 times in my life and it stopped all skin problems for 5 years after a 6 month treatment. I would get back on it after years of clear skin. It has some side effects you should be told about and of course lawsuits.

The thing that has slowed mine down is I cut back on sugar big time. I found when I ate chocolate, pastries it would flare up more.

There has to be a way to treat these things once they break. I tried a bunch of products but nothing works they just heal and come back.

I was told Humaria can stop them, I was put on that and it got worse. Humaria is dangerous to me.

• Posted

Also dermatologist can inject some cordisone stuff in them and it calms them down for say a month, but they come back.

• Posted

Damn! Thanks for the advise, the groin area ones are less of a problem more of a confidence thing, but the arm pit ones hurt. I will give the sugar cutback a go and see if it calms down before I ring the doctor as I have done thorough research and I'm 90% it is HS. I hope you find something to help you in the long run but you're right these antibiotics haven't touched it! They have reduced redness from the surrounding clusters of red dots near the larger bumps (they thought it was spreading) but not really done much to the large ones 😕

• Posted

I just got back in the forum, and saw this did you get any relief?

I havent had an outbreak in almost a year since cutting back on high sugar things like the occasional pastry. Milk products are a big problem for me throws my immune system into a tailspin.

• Posted

Iodine salve/ ointment. Betadine, Wokadine, Pyodine.

I recently had one on my buttocks, very close to the butthole. Every step I took, every move I made I was in so much pain.

I used very hot water to make it surface, just put the shower on it and slowly increase the hot water. The I used baking soda as an exfoliant. (nearly impossible to touch, but I had to make it pop)

Then iodine salve and a band aid.

I repeated this later this day, cause it wasn't popping.

The second time it did open and such a relief. I then had to squeeze it from different angels, cause it won't drain otherwise. I put iodine again with a band aid and when I took it of i opened up again and more came out.

When the worst was out and the pain was gone I used zinc salve.

I hope my embarrassing story can help you!

My flare ups are from chocolate!

• Posted

Antibiotics and other creams do nothing to help H.S. I'd find a doctor who knows what H.S. is. The only thing that helps me is Humira.

• Posted

I had HS since im 13, im in my mid 20s and i would say it sounds like it. Dont be ashamed and find a doctor that will make you feel at ease. Its too early to know maybe but boils that dont wanna go away is a big symptom.

I took a ton of antibiotics in my life and even stayed on one for almost two years with no success until i was prescribed Azithromicyn 250mg , 2 pills on the first day and one pill a day for 4 days. Im a stage 3 ahd it healed so much of my symptoms in such little time. I continued to see results after stopping for 2 months even thou i had a come back during a couple of days 2 weeks after finishing the prescription. Its commonly used for acne , i cant find anything about HS but it changed my life , im on it for 3 months now and everything healed.

I would tell you to find a dermatologist as fast as possible . Hibiscrub is harsh and depending on how your HS is ( if its what it is) it could get it worst . You might also wanna look into getting the boils cut and drained so they heal from the inside out. Its often the best solution for stubburn and old boils because theres a sac inside , a bio film , that is full of bacteria and will make them come back.

If its HS dont give up , taken early on and with the right doctor who tries the right things theres hope. Dont settle for treatments that do not work for you and dont try to move or pop your boils because they might pop under the skin and turn into tunnels.

Doctors dont always know about HS , it took me years to get the right doctor so i think you should talk to them without shame and make sure they know what theyre talking about and if they dont , go see a dermatologist. If you happen to have HS try to find a derm that has a good knowledge or even specialize in it.

Theres hope its something else but if it happen to be HS dont give up , theres hope put there.

Sorry for my english mistakes its not my first language

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.