Possible hypothyroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, my symptoms really properly started affecting me a month or two ago. Firstly I'm a 20 year old male. My symptoms started of as constantly feeling dizzy and having abdominal pains. As time has went on I've started having constant body aches right the way through in my back too. I get really random pains in my hands and feet also. I also have quite a bit of itching as well as headaches and the most recent of which has actually started having an impact on me at work is that I keep forgetting things. I work in a restaurant and customers drinks that I have remembered for years I am taking longer if not forgetting what their drinks were. I basically feel like I'm having brain fog. I have also in the past couple months put on 5 pounds, which as a really skinny boy who has always been 9 stone is obvisouly well documented. I'm going in to have bloods retaken on Tuesday but that was because my potassium was 0.1 over the general norm but when they took my blood they had trouble getting the blood and I also bled quite a bit after it so they said this could be the reason for that. Anyway I'm going to go in quickly on Monday to see my doctor so I can ask him if they can just to a full blood check up and tell him all the symptoms that have been increasingly arising lately. Every day is hard I hate waiting for tests and I also hate feeling like this I just don't feel like a regular 20 year old boy. Do people think this could be a thyroid problem?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was considering diabetic causes, and I agree on kidney function and deficiencies which should be ruled out .my thyroid problems went undiagnosed for a long time as they didn't know what to look for. Mention / ask about thyroid function , and sugar levels too, in a blood test , and keep a diary of food/ water/ times, and symptoms to get an idea of what's going on.

the foggy brain and fatigue aren't good for a lad of your age, good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.