Possible Lichen Sclerosus?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello!

I am concerned with these white patches on my glans.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

These patches came out after a week of intensive application of coconut oil for additional moisturising effects. After applying it everyday, I felt pain on the whole glans as if these were heavily irritated. I stopped putting oil, and two days later these patches came out. They are not painful, there is no swelling or cuts.

Could that be lichen sclerosus?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I wonder if you have been reading some information on Lichen Sclerosus? Whenever you read different information regarding just about any health issue on the internet it is all too easy to jump to the wrong conclusion, and, most often the conclusion reached is that you have the worst thing possible.

If we used a mathematical equation comparison with what you actually have going on with your penis what you may have done is in-effect added 2 + 2 together and potentially reached an answer of somewhere between = 7 or 9, or potentially 799!

That is, without knowing what you have had going on with your penile skin for at least the last six to 9 months or so, I would have no ability whether your equation is slightly out, or totally wildly out.

Therefore, please specify the following as accurately and fully truthful as possible: -

• when did you first notice something was not quite right?
    • are you: a sexually active person? if so, and how long ago did you first have unprotected penetrative sex and / or receive unprotected oral?
    • what is your age?
    • do you have ANY skin problems anywhere else on your body?
    • the Coconut Oil you have used are you entirely sure this is for use on skin, NOT hair?

You need to detail precisely why you did this:

" after a week of intensive application of coconut oil " ?

• Edited

hey!

I noticed first symptoms when the penis head becaome swollen, red and it started stinging. It was a very unpleasurable exprience. It stung for a day and two, urination was also painful. My thought is that the coconut oil penetrated skin barrier and went deep under to the inward layers causing balanitis.

I am 26.

I am not sexually active now.

No, I don't - my overall skin in other areas is clean and healthy, however I had problems before. My lifestyle was not that great, and the place I live is polluted.

Regarding the cocnut oil, I have been using it for a while as a skin moisturizer all over my body - it was great and skin felt fantastic. I sporadically used it also on penis glans to a great effect but seldomly. As I am cirumcised and my sensations were debatable one day I decided to start moisturizng glans for better effects. It may have been the worst decison, as my skin reacted significantly as you all may see. before that I have never had eny problems with my penis, apart from the circumcision resulting from the short frenulum (suspected but maybe it was BXO all the way from the beginning - more below)

Well, after 1.5 years patches are still there. Blood vessels partially faded, dissolved. This skin evened out in some areas and have ephitalized a bit, and the ivory coloring faded seemingly, but there is still a lot of progress to be made as patches are here, discoloration is present and there are some skin depressions and it is driving me terribly as I think I have developed some kind of fear of abandonment and I don't want to show it anymore to anyone 😄

Several urologist said that this is just an allergic reaction, severe, but still allergic to the oil applciation. The healing process might confirm that as it healed, whle LS once going off, stays the same, as they said, however I am still concerned as one of the dermatologist pointed out that these are hypopigmented areas during the onset of BXO and I actually have that condition as I was cimrcumised becasue of the tigh white band on my penis 10 year prior ( I remeber that tight ring. It was a white, very symmetrical ring on my penis that was interpreted by an urologlist as a result of a short frenulum. I remember very much when I wanted to pull the foreskin, and yes, the glans were pulled by the frenulum. That's why i have undrgone the procedure of removal.

)... this dermatoligst prescribed tacrolimus for one year - i. don;t trust this opinion as for now.

My diagnosis is, the coconut oil in large quantities (lauric acid) penetrated the skin and just burned the glans, therefore STAY THE F***K AWAY from stupid internet recommendations and never use anything "natural" or just be even smarter, never use anything on your penis apart from your lady's juices. Just use something from the drug store that was effectively tested... or just don't do it at all.

Maybe you have another view on that Wee, especially regarding the circumcision etc. Maybe you have any urologist online that could take a look?

I was actually thinking about visiting Chris Bunker to get an expert's opinion.

thanks!

• Posted

I have the same white patches for over 2 years. Not itchy and no symptoms of anything. just white blotchy patches slowly spreading

• Edited

Short update. The original post is mine. I had to change an account.

it is better, however psychological stress related with it stayed. I have to say, this and the brain are the most precious organs guys 😉 treat these with respect and again, DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON YOUR GLANS.

The spots are still visible especially after rinsing with water but are definitely better.

One urologist recommended PRP injections as prp with stem cells might rejuvenate the skin. I am looking into it however I am a bit afraid of injections and complications. Let me know if you ever had sth like that.

For the past months I have been having better erections. I saw that an increased amount of erections helped with the skin. I suspect that increased blood flow slowly regenerates tissues after this terrible inflammation.

BTW, my current routine is:

Physiogel - generous application 2x daily, rubbing heavily into the glans tissue. - heavy moisturizer, tested and ceritfied by dermatologists. Never use any oils / olive/coconut guys on your dicks.

Reginoma - Ozonated vitamin e - definitely helps, especially with deeper tissues after a thorough massage.

I am planning to stock up on creams with vit. e+a and get some pills with l-arginine and other herbs to get better erections - increased blood flow.

I am changing the diet and becoming more sports oriented, aiming at increased blood flow. Guys, the dick has to work all the time to replenish any damages. BTW - any inflammation on penis results very often with shrinkage and scars but these should be eliminated with rich blood supply. Even if it might be some LS lesions, however it was never confirmed unanimously by the doctors that I met, I think that there is a reason why LS starts yearly in children or in older men - insignificant OR LACK OF ERECTIONS. Our little pumps have to work all the time. This guarantees its health. Blood supply is crucial!

If you suspect LS, get tested by an immunologist. Most likely, your body will have positive systemic markers.Mine are clean, so it is likely an isolated problem caused by my foolish behavior.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.