Possible liver cirrhosis??? 29 year old female... help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey! I am a 29 year old female... I liked to drink for several years.. but would not consider myself an alcoholic. I did not drink at all during the week due to my job, however on Friday and Saturday nights I would have 6 to 12 beers at a time each night... sometimes I go weeks without drinking, other times I was consecutive with drinking on weekends. last year in September I went on a trip to an exautic island and drank for a week straight, when I got home, days later , I had upper right abdominal pain and felt like crap, to the point I went to the ER.. I told them I had drank all week the week prior and after some googling was worried I had damaged my liver... after blood tests, a contrast ct scan, and ultrasound, on my liver and pancreas ,I was told I had 2 small gallstones and my cholesterol was 10 points higher then it should be, and my white and red cell counts were off... but otherwise I was fine and sent to have a referral done for my gallbladder. I again brought up my drinking to the general surgeon, and he said my liver looked great and to relax .. I was over thinking things and drinking at my age would not cause permanent liver damage. I had continued to drink for 12 months but cut down a LOT.. every couple of weeks Id have a few beers, 6 to 12, but I still get right upper pain the day after, very subtle... almost feels like a pulled muscle. I also at times pass a lot of gas, and have recently noticed diarrhea and if I eat raw veggies I pass them fully.. one time I ate broccoli and 2 hours later went to the bathroom and passed full broccoli.. within 2 hours!!! I have severe anxiety, especially when it comes to doctors, I feel like they don't hear me... and now I'm really concerned something is seriously wrong with my liver. it's been 3 months since I had an alcoholic beverage , but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and if I should go back to the doctors and make sure no permanent damage was done. I am so scared.. as a mom to 3 children.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

now fifty five and somehow I reversed the damage by taking care of myself and I only have one gallstone and I get pain but I still don't I am thirty's.I got a second chance in life.Well good luck drink andI look like if were you I would continue not to drink alcohol because you are on your way to liver damage.Cirrhosis is a very subtle disease and it sneaks up on you slowly.You already have gallstones and if you are not careful,you might end up having gallbladder surgery.Also if your eyes turn yellow that is also a sign of liver damage.I know these things because when I was your age I had the same pain and I ignored it and kept on drinking but not as much as I did when I was thirty eight years old and then I went on a five year binge and got hepatitis and cirrhosis I ended up i n the hospital for five months Iam healthy now and I got rid of cirhosis and the hepatitis with no meds just supplements but I still have a gallstone and I get pain in my side occasionally .good luck and I hope you feel better.

• Posted

I'm just curious what supplements you used?

i am on a handful of meds 3

times a day.i have been told by my team, no flax seed anything and i can have bone broth daily. Thank you, Kendra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.