Possible liver damage, or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've done a liver functioning test today. But i was kinda wondering on your ideas. smile 

I still have the pain on my upper right quadrant area. Still makes me feel sick & tired.

But exactly a year a go I did a paracetamol overdose & was put on the IV line for 2 days.

Before that I was taking 6/7 500mg tablets of pain killers altogether & wouldn't say or do anything about it. I did this on and off for months. & even after the IV treatment.

( i've stopped and haven't abused paracetamol or pain killers for months now. Just to ensure you! )

I was wondering if this may have had some damage on my liver and could be the cause of my pain? But i don't show signs of jaudince? Is it chronic failure or something completely different?   

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry to ready About you melanie.

Can you share us your report or we can arange Complimentary Consultation call for you. talk directly to the Doctor as well.

• Posted

hi Mel every thing that goes through your mouth has to be Processed by your liver....so try. Not to take too many pain killers...do you have fatty liver ???? Or cirhosis?? I have non alcoholic cirhosis.....I have pain on left upper quadrant but I'm only allowed 6 paracetamol a day....lots of things dammage the liver drugs alcohol also fat....I hope this helps Chrissy 
    • Posted

Hi chrissy thanks for replying.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet as they think its a muscle strain / pull. But i asked for get a liver functioning test just to make sure.

I'd say i don't have fatty liver because i'm not overweight & i eat fairly healthyly. Although it could be a chance i'm not sure? 

Sorry to hear that you have cirhosis. Did you need any treatment for it? Other than preventing from worse damage. 

Melanie

• Posted

Hi Mel you can be skinny and have fatty liver....my friends mum weighs 5 and a half stone and she has fatty liver....im being carefully monitored scans every 6 months and blood tests as well.....although its non alcoholic cirrhosis it still means I'm high risk for liver cancer...it's a cruel disease regards Chrissy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.