Possible liver problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been ill for 10 months, most of my symptoms have gone apart from nausea, lack of appetite, abdominal pain and fatigue.

I have been to the doctors about my stomach and prescibed omeprazole twice which reduces stomach acid ( this was meant for my inflammation to go down) however after this long it should be better and its not. Im now considering that there is something wrong with my liver. has anyone experienced this with glandular fever? Its a bit scary reading about it onlinesad if i didnt have tummy problems id be a lot better.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I doubt it’s liver but if you  want to put yourself mind at ease, ask your doctor for an LFT (liver function test). It’s a blood sample that they analyze for specific liver enzymes that can tell you if your liver is ok or something wonky is going on. 
    • Posted

Went to the docs today and finnally got through to them that somethings not right, they are testing me for everything and im going back in 4 weeks. Thanks for the replysmile
  • Posted

Hi Maisie,

It took me 10 months to really see a turning point in the virus, God helped me start to get better from that point - really want to reassure you that things will still get better, for some it can take longer than others, praying a breakthrough is on its way for you Maisie, I really believe that it is.

My blood tests showed my liver being slightly off at times during the virus, and I have read this with other folk too - so I think that can be a common symptom of mono but it returned to normal as I got better and want to reassure that this can be normal - of course do check in with the doc always wise to do that, but hang in there and hoping these awful symptoms settle down I know you must be so weary sad

Thinking of you and believing 100% you are going to make a FULL recovery, trusting God absolutely with that!

Craig

• Posted

Hey craig, always such encouraging replys. I went to the doctors today and i have finally managed to get through to them. I had 5 blood samples taken and they are going to test me for loads of things. Will find out the results in 4 weeks.

All the best

• Posted

Hey Maisie,

That is good that they have done these blood tests, you did the right thing by persisting with that, it shouldn't be such a fight to get these things it frustrates me so much!! Really hoping the results can offer reassurance and encouragement, rubbish you have to wait for 4 weeks but try and put it out of your head for now (easier said than done I know), you've done everything you can and just focus on one day at a time!!

Thinking of you and still believing you are going to get better FULLY, 100% believing that for you Maisie, even if it seems far away right now, it IS going to happen I truly truly believe that God is working in you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.