Possible lupus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys new to the group. I am a 23 yr old white male from Australia. 

I have been having multiple problems for awhile now and have numerous testing done. Just recently i had a complement blood test to check the c3 and c4. Both are low and my gp has reffered me to a rheumatologist saying it could be lupus.. 

if you need a list symptoms just ask i didnt want to write them in this or it would be to long haha 

Thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you have been feeling so unwell but glad you have a good doctor who helped you to get a diagnosis which can be tricky with Lupus. Hope you feel better with treatment.
    • Posted

Hey thanks for the reply! 

All other test i have done have been normal which the dr says is unusual so they are saying im a medical mystery haha but hopefully the rheumatologist can get to the bottom of it..

• Posted

Yes Kurt quite often antibodies don't show up in the bloods. It can be a frustrating process trying to get diagnosed.

• Posted

Hi no need to ask about symptoms if your seeing a rheumatologist I'm sure he will sort you out,if it is Lupus it can feel like your world has come to an end,but once your on a medication that suits you things get back to some kind of normality, sorry that's not much help,but good luck,I have Systemic lupus,which Iv had 7 years.

• Posted

Hey narion thanks for the reply! What symptoms were you going through before your diagnosis and how were you eventually diagnosed?

Have been back and forth with different doctors for almost 2 years now and am only just starting to get somewhere

• Posted

Hi,my symptoms were swollen joints stiffness,mouth ulcers migraines,rash on my face,I was lucky as I was diagnosed right away,although the doctors thought it was arthritis,so we're surprised with the results, good luck.

• Posted

Thats my issue my symptoms are all over the place and i dont experience and joint inflammation just stiffnes and pain, no rashes on my face either
    • Posted

Think that you will find different people have different symptoms. Not always useful to compare them. I don't have Lupus but have Behcet's which is very similar but symptoms developed over the years. I was almost 40 befire I had joint pain but had suffered other symptoms over the years. It changes a lot over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.