Possible lupus symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

?I've had the following symptoms for about 2 years:

?-Extreme fatigue

?-achy muscles, particularly back

?-Pain in knuckles with movement and stiffness of fingers when used to hold bags or carry plates, cramping in hand muscles.

?-Low iron levels (may be due to diet though)

?I now have a large gland in my neck which I've been told is just a normal large gland but seems very large.

?I have been aware of lupus but actually thought I had ME/CFS because of no butterfly rash but I woke up this morning with slightly red cheeks (see photo). 

?I have realised that I also get a red rash with sun exposure but always assumed it was prickly heat. Do they appear similar?

?I have very little knowledge of lupus. Does it sound like what you guys get?

Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi pinksugar

The rash you have looks like rosecea..have you been tested for inflammation in the body?..ask your doc to test you... it will be carried out via an ESR blood test a CRP blood test and ANA blood test.

You say you have muscle pain and extreme fatigue which could indicate Polymyalgia Rheumatica. You don't mention your age as PMR is usually diagnosed in over 50's but has been k own in younger people. Also, your symptoms could indicate low B12 levels aswell as PMR. B12 deficiency is associated with low iron levels ask for your B12 levels to be checked aswell...I had all your symptoms and was diagnosed with PMR, Low B12 and Rosecea......my very best wishes for a firm diagnosis...

• Posted

Thank you Lilian. I'm in my 20s.

I've never heard of Polymalgia Rheumatica. I'll have to look that up. I did have low B12 but it is back to normal now and has been for a good few months after supplementing.

I've not been tested for inflammation but might be something I should do.

Hope you are feeling better.

Many thanks again.

• Posted

Hi pinksugar

Definitely look up PMR ....and definitely get tested for inflammation. If your inflammation markers are normal, then you may be presenting with Fibromyalgia which does NOT have raised inflammation markers...best wishes....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.