possible Lyme disease ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

HELP! Sorry this is so long. So I’ve been pretty sick for 3 months now. Numerous problems. First acid reflux .. stomach problems...bowel problems..ovarian cysts. Now I’m having a worse problem. My left arm goes numb and tingles a lot and is weak. It hurts a lot and the pain radiates to shoulders and back. I also have reduced sensations of touch. Same thing happens to my fee and somtimes my leg. Sometimes I get it in my right arm but it’s mosly my left. I’ve been having some vision problems(blurish vision, pain behind eyes, dryness) as well as headaches everyday, nose and head pressure That makes me feel like I’m going to explode. Ear pain now and then. As well as confusion, forgetfulness and messing up words. I’m also excessively tired. I been having difficulty swallowing and pain in my neck and reacurring sore throat. I’ve thought about everything from thyroid problems to just being acid reflux to body pain from the way I sleep. I’ve look up just about every single problem. I’m going crazy. No doctor listens to me and says I neee counseling for anxiety but my health problems started 3 months ago and spiraled ever sense. Now I’m worried I have multiple Sclerosis or like a brain tumor. I doubt I’ll be able to get a MRI or CT scan.. any thoughts ? Opinions ? Can anyone relate to these symptoms? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It's all the Lyme and whatever co- infections you have. My daughter has experienced all of that. Stevia  helps as do antibiotics and homeopathic remedies. It's a long , tough battle. Do you have a LLMD? 

• Posted

Hi Janet 

Thanks for responding. Sorry to hear your daughter has been going through that. Hope she gets well. I’ve been sick for 3 long months with all these different problems and no doctor can figure it out or even take me seriously. Ironically when this all started, I had woken up with a swollen lip feeling funny... I carried on with my morning and noticed a big bite on my leg that had made the area of my leg swell and hurt. I started to feel worse and went to the ER they had said it was some type of bite and gave me cream and sent me on my way. I never thought about Lyme disease untill recently. I never had the bullseye mark but it was really red and hurt the whole area of my leg. Since then I’ve gotten sicker and have had some serious anxiety. Trying to get a different doctor. But no I Have not seen a LLMD. I’m not even sure if there are any in this area I’m going to look. 

• Posted

Hi amber. I beleive what you are going through is real. The reason i specify real. REAL.......is because I'm going to take you on a journey back in time of my reality and symptoms of my medical conditions. Yes, about 20 years ago when I was 37 I began to experience some of your symptoms, please do not think our outcomes will be identical. However, they may help you understand what I know now. My left arm would hurt so bad I wanted to cry. My right side of my face would go numb. My legs and feet. I was pretty fortunate and underwent nuclear heart tests, nuroligy test all to find out they were negative. Soon in my case I began to just think I was ok and went about my life ignoring many symptoms. Well, 7 years later my fatigue and pain became unbearable. I had many symptoms and extreme back pain, muscle pain too. My good old left hand constantly went numb and face and left arm pain was immense. It got so bad I called 911 for help. The emt,s arrived and did a EKG. Nothing showed they actually laughed at me. But, I persisted with them and wanted to go to the E. R. SO THEY RELUCTANTLY,took me in. Oh they dropped me in the snow twice. I got to the hospital and immediately was diagnosed with a heart attack. Finally and answer??? Or, not??? They rushed me to another hospital where I had a stent pplacement from a 100% blocked artery. Now, it has been another 7 years and my naturopath doctor discovered I have Lyme disease and it is chronic. The moral of my story dear one is this....when a disease at its onset stage manifests in our body, medical technology does not always catch it. That is why things happen without our knowledge. My Lyme is latent and I was told I have had it since childhood. I believe you are experiencing warning signs and hope so much you do not discount yourself. I know you are. Can I encourage you to get tested for Lyme. In cases like mine it mimics and causes other diseases. I'm praying your help is resolved before you get worse. Be encouraged that you are not alone. Deborah

• Posted

Wow. Sorry to hear what you had to go through. I know that the test can give false negatives because of the kind of testing it is. Sadly i didn’t find a LLMD in my area. I’m going to have to push all the doctors to do the testing. Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate it. I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey. 😞

• Posted

Contact dr. Marty Ross in Seatle he is very. Good with Lyme.
  • Posted

Hello Amburr in my humble opinion it does appear that you have Lyme.

symptoms I have similar symptoms and many more. What area of Canada are you living. I  found a great natural path in B.C. That specializes in Lyme disease.

• Posted

Hello Grant, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I do not live in Canada..I live in the US. I just happened to stumble across this website in hopes of shedding some light on things and it's been super helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.