Possible mini stroke

Posted , 2 users are following.

This morning I woke with the right side of my lower lip numbing, then swelling a little and pulling to the right side.  The feelings started to progress up the right side of my face.  I took 2 baby aspirin and headed of to urgent care.  The doctor said he suspected it was a mini stroke but no way of telling at the point in time.  Sent me home with suggestion to take baby aspirins for about a week.  I plan on following up somehow with my cardiologist.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How old are you, and what meds are you taking? And arm or leg symptoms? If yes, I would suggest a carotid ultrasound as soon as possible.  Pay for it out of pocket if you have to as you may want to know if you have a stenosis or ruptured plaque as I had.  Also start an anti-inflammatory, bowel friendly super clean diet, and max dose of fish oil. No alcohol, fried food, cereal grains etc.
    • Posted

Thanks for the heads up, Joe.  I am 75.  I take Lisinopril and carvedilol.  Urgent care doc told me to take 2 baby aspirin a day for a week.  He is scheduling a carotid ultrasound.  I thought it strange he didn't listen to carotids when I was there.  So far I have no after effects...swelling and numbing went down and no effects on arm. ... "Stenosis"?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.