Possible Molluscum Contagiosum?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have noticed a few bumps when I shaved around 2-3 weeks ago, I became very concerned because I have never had anything similar. So I decided to visit a sexual health clinic, the nurse confirmed that it was just folliculitis or blocked glands. I was not so sure about the diagnosis, so I booked an appointment with my GP and I was told the same thing, almost instantly. I even asked if they might be molluscum, but they denied it to be the case.

Still wasn’t convinced as they didn’t look normal, and they didn’t offer any further explanation. I booked with a different doctor an appointment, the doctor told me they suspect it to be molluscum, and didn’t offer any treatment option. The doctor even told me to go on with my sex life as per-usual, which confused me a lot as I know MC is contagious.

So I am not sure what to do anymore, my next step is to see a dermatologist, but I’ll be put on a waiting list of six months (UK healthcare).

I’ll be more than happy to receive any opinions/tips on what they might be and what I should do next.

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/WAwmJfe

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I agree - hair related looks too squishy. Molluscum lumps are quite hard.

• Posted

hey @gemma10702 do you know if molluscum are always hard? I have some soft bumps, dont have an indent yet but I feel like its beginning of mollusucm. thanks!

• Posted

hmm tricky trying to remember. I think generally they were hard and when you felt it you knew straight away. I'd give them a few days to see what happens as I 100% believe I thought everything was a molluscum at one point and now when I see something that once would have thought it was one, it turns out to be ingrown hair or folliculitus.

sorry cant be much help.

• Posted

Hey @morbid123 I feel like mine look similar more or less and in the genital region. Did these go away yet for you? What did ou do that helped? I know ppl say it looks normal but I agree I never had anything like this. Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.