Possible MS

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been experiencing tingliness, numbness and nerve pain throughout my body for about 2 months. I had a brain mri done that came back clear. However my eye doctor did an exam today and diagnosed me with optic atrophy and told me that people with ms have it. What do I do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

persons with optic neuritis may go on to develop MS. some dont. i had the optic neuritis and 2 years later MS was diagnosed. A spinal tap is often done to diagnose MS. MS in initial stages may not show on the MRI.

Return to Neurologist and ask about a spinal tap. Keep a notebook with days..times and any symptoms you may have over 6 months or so. that might be helpful. lots of things can cause tingling etc. pinched nerves for example....a MRI of spine can help isolate and MS can show on that too.

Good luck.

Jeri

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.