Possible MS symptoms or vitamin d deficiency?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about 2 months ive been experiencing nerve pain, hot/cold sensations, tingling and numbness, heart palpatations, cold hands/feet, pins and needles throughout my body(even my scalp) and lack of sleep. I had a brain MRI done on the 20th that came back clear. I found out yesterday that I am vitamin d deficient (level of 13). Do i have MS or is the vitamin d deficiency causing my symptoms?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If the MRI didn't show anything the likelihood of MS is reduced. Low vit D can cause all sorts of symptoms - or none - and the first thing to do is remedy the low vit D level. But there are a lot of other autoimmune disorders besides MS that can cause similar symptoms and low vit D is often found in a/i disorders. So if sorting out your vit D level makes no difference to the symptoms - you still might benefit from a rheumatologist doing some investigations.

• Posted

Hi there,

I too have the symptoms you describe alongside muscle aches, headaches and muscle twitches. I had an mri and mine came back fine also. My doctor tested me for vitamin d and my levels are low but not so low to cause all these symptoms. I am having further blood tests for magnesium, B12 and also Lyme disease to rule out all other causes. I am also booked in to see a neurologist at the end of the month. I have had these symptoms for just over 2 months and am usually very healthy - I am only 24years of age so all these symptoms are scaring me so please know that you are not alone.

Sarah.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.