Possible nerve hernia pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a inguinal hernia 3 weeks ago. after surgery I had severe pain on the left side groin parallel to the top of the penis. the doctor stated it was probably an inflamed nerve. it has improved, however I personally feel it is not right and that the nerve is caught in the stature. when I push my genitals etc away from the side repair, I get a uncomfortable/burning sensation in the area stated above. has anybody had a similar experience or am I expecting to much from a recovery point of view after 3 weeks. I can walk and run, but still have this tight feeling.

any thoughts, observations etc would be much appreciated, as I am wondering whether I should go back to the surgeon now if this is not normal

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

About 9 months ago I was working at a gas station unloading trucks and rotation of fridges. Lifted a couple of racks of 20 oz bottle over my head for the top and that was it. At first it was burning but not violent pain. Bout hour later I could barely walk. There was a deep bruise up on my upper left thy where it meets the groin. NeedNeedless to say I left early got home and the burning had intensified 3 fold at this point and the left part of my groin above penis was starting to swell quite noticeably. Pain went up 100 fold by the next day. Groin swelled up prob not 4 times bigger then other side. Bruise ran along have my inner thy. Left festival dropped bout 3 inches extra making very hard to sit and walking incredibly painful. This pain and swelling and bruising stuck around bout 2 half weeks. I also had extreme trouble trying to breath some times would have to sit down bend my head down toward my feet gran ankles and finally breathe. I also have very very hard times peeing and pooping. Not getting to go for days some times lead to me getting sickly . Bout 3 weeks in swelling dropped back to almost normal bruising went away and testie went back.left me with a painful burning feeling going down left that to big toe damn near permanent really.any time I aggravate since that bruise always comes back swellings only got bad like 2 a month really and tho my nut shrunk back it still swells up it's just only at the top of the sack by groin going bathroom always a challenge now. I have no health insurance and never been to hospital didn't know what to do lost 5 since then cause of it. Lost our home kids they had to go live with other family till we get a new home. So here I am 9 months later got a good job cooking no lifting period and sure enough I got the flu last week caughed so had it swelled and bruised. It's spread to cause now my left side of lower gut I swelled very oddly didn't hurt there tho but sure enough this time I called hospital going in on the 2 for first meeting. I have no idea what's going to happen lol smh. Good luck bud I'll keep you updated on things if you'd like

• Posted

New to this sorry for spelling errors phone don't show me my typing as I go i don't know how to edit it either lol

• Posted

I also missed some the fact that you had surgery all ready my bad. But equally my bruising on the thy starts right where swelling from groin evens off and people have told me it right where a nerve is maybe that why mine burns to huh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.