Possible Nerve Issue - very strange symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 25 year old male. Generally healthy. I am an asthmatic and I have hypertension. I am not overweight and all blood work I have had done in the past has came back normal.

For the past few years I have had various issues that seem to be related to the nerves. It drives me crazy so I would like to get to the bottom of the issue.

Occasionally my left leg from the knee down gets very tingly and feels extremely cold, though does not seem to be more cold to the touch than my other leg/foot. This may last for a day or two at a time.

I also occasionally get tingling in my face on my chin, around my mouth, and below my eyes on my cheeks. This happens a couple of times a week and will last for about an hour at a time.

I tend to have random muscle quivers in various places throughout that may last for 15-20 minutes then subside, then will begin again in another area on my body.

I have lower back pain fairly often and have a spot about the size of a baseball left of my spine that will tingle and feel numb if I am sitting in certain positions.

This has been very bothersome to me and feels as though it continues to get worse.

Any commentary or thoughts on this are much appreciated.

Thank you!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

We're you sick at all just prior (within 2-4 weeks) of onset (some sort of virus, flu, etc.)? Or did you have any sort of vaccination? Infection? It sounds like some sort of post viral phenomenon to me.

• Posted

i dont believe that i was sick. it has been about 2 years since the first symptom so it would be hard to remember. i do get a flu shot every year due to being asthmatic. there is a chance i was sick though. i just dont remember it if so

• Posted

Maybe it's still premature, and I'm not a doctor, but somewhere along the way, an MRI may divulge something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.