Possible neuropathy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey!

So I was having some issues with my feet for a good while. I used to get intense swelling in my feet on hot days but would always disappear the day before my doctors appointments. But then it suddenly went for about a year.

Well recently my feet have felt like they were on fire. Incredibly hot to touch, burning sensations, aching in the ankle and toes, along with a feeling of numbness and not being able to bend my toes very well. It almost felt like I had swelling, but my foot and ankle looked normal.

So I went to my doctor who said I have gravitational edema and burning foot syndrome. He wouldn’t prescribe me anything and just told me to take paracetamol when it flares. It used to be every few nights but since then it has been every night. Iv got flight socks and they help slightly, but I was wondering if it’s nerve damage and if a Tens machine on my calf’s could work? I just want a full nights sleep. 

Please any help, advice or tips you guys could share I’d be so grateful and sorry for the long post 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Burning and numbness are signs of neuropathy but there isn’t much you can do about it unfortunately if it is a neuropathic problem.  You could try a tens machine, but it will only give you relief while you ate using it.
    • Posted

is it? thats a shame. ill still give it a go as it feels like my toes are starting to fuse and curl now on their own

• Posted

I was only offered anti depressants from my doctor for my neuropathy which was caused by a medical mistake. I refused them because I didn't want to risk side effects . I always feel that they outweigh the benefits. I decided to simply learn to tolerate the pain flare ups which works for me. Hot weather gets rid of the pain completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.