Posted , 3 users are following.
Since my allergic reaction (I posted about a rash the other day and got it checked out to find out that it was an allergic reaction) I've been having problems sleeping.
The first issue arrived on the night after going to the hospital (I didn't sleep that night due to being at the hospital, but I slept during the morning past 7am). I couldn't sleep for a while that night, I had small chest pains when I tried sleeping. I can't entirely recall how they were keeping me up, but they did. I do recall that sinking feeling in my chest occasionally however.
Last night I had a funny night and could not sleep to save my life! I was becoming quite irritated. Every time I tried sleeping that sinking feeling stopped me. Or I was awoken by strange things.
• First my right arm became very cold, then pins and needles occurred and then it just went numb pretty much. It was not in a strange position, it was at my side.
• Second thing, I fell asleep. Then a sound woke me up, that sound when a telly goes fuzzy, but it was a sudden sharp burst. Then I had a tightness around my chest area.
• Third I was woken up by a pain in my left shoulder. It was very random. Next thing I knew it there was no pain(about 5-10 minutes after), but an ache was left which also faded eventually.
• Then I had a dull pain in the left side of my head. Felt like a single heart beat. It didn't hurt, but it woke me up.
• I also remember trying to get myself to calm down about something after waking, which worked.
Then apart from those I've been getting pains in my chest area. Mainly the left side but sometimes the right side. Normally the sinking feeling happens in the centre (or feels as though it does).
Tonight (it's 2:15am) I've fell asleep twice and woken up in a panic. Not severe, I did have the ability to tell myself to calm down after waking on both occasions but it didn't work how I'd hoped so I didn't calm down straight away, but luckily I wasn't in a severe panic so it didn't last long and I didn't feel like I was in any danger or anything.
First time it happened tonight, I had a feeling that it might after last night. Then I thought, okay, we'll see if it happens again (investigating) and I tried getting back to sleep, I fell asleep and woke up (a bit worse than before) with the same feeling of panic. The second time I noticed my heart was beating faster, but not too fast.
The day before last night I did have pulpitations where my heart was beating super fast and hard after taking medication. Also when I went to the hospital about the allergy they gave me an injection and I ended up passing out.
I'm thinking it's all to do with anxiety building up maybe?
Although the chest pains are occurring throughout the day, I feel as though they're more active in the night, especially in the dark. When day time arrives, I sleep fine... I'm having an ECG and blood tests on Friday so hopefully I'll get some answers.
Sorry for the essay. But hopefully someone has the will to read this haha
0 likes, 8 replies