Possible onset of acute pancreatitis????

Posted , 5 users are following.

For 5 weeks I've been back and forth trying to get a diagnosis. I've been suffering with severe pain in my right side that radiates round and into my back. The sever pain has lasted up to 2 days but the dull ache is always there And is very tender to touch and so far no painkillers omeprazole and buscapan have helped. I can barely eat always feel nauseous and have already been off work 3 weeks the pain is that bad. I had an ultrasound which only showed a dilated bile duct and no stones in my gall bladder. Last Tuesday my gp sent me straight up to the surgical assessment unit at the hospital after seeing my heart rate was 115 and I was very hot and clammy despite my temp being normal. Whilst up there they pretty much did nothing. Had bloods took again which showed elevated white blood count but nothing else. I was basically told they're adamant it's an infection in my stomach/ duodenum / small intestine and just sent me home waiting for an endoscopy (which could be another 3 weeks as I've already been waiting 2) never checked my heart rate or blood pressure once in the 7 hrs I was there either. After a bad nights sleep I woke up this morning with new symptoms. As well as my right side pain I now have pain in my left side that feels very crampy but with agonising sharp twinges it's slightly painful just under my breast bone in the middle and I have a pain across my mid-upper back that's really uncomfortable and almost like a burning sensation and a dull ache all rolled into one. I have managed to eat small amounts and keep it down but still feel very nauseous and a little bloated. I also get breathless quite easy and it's uncomfortable to take deep breaths. Should I be wary of the onset of pancreatitis with these symptoms? The Dr at the hospital has ruled out gallbladder/bile duct issues on the basis of there being no visible stones but I don't agree with her guess as I've never suffered with indegestion/acid reflux or stomach problems before. I'm still thinking gall stones or possible stone in my bile duct with the pain and symptoms I'm getting I'm just worried with the new symptoms 😕

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are going through a lot.  It could be gallbladder sludge, not quite stones, or a stone has passed.  There are other studies to check out gallbladder function, i.e., a HIDA scan.  Please keep advocating for yourself.  There is no need for you to be in pain.  Good thoughts being sent.
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering. I myself do not have a diagnosis either. I have had many attacks over the past seven years, and only very recently found out how to ease my symptoms (which I now believe are coming from my gallbladder, which yours might too).

Basically I suggest you ofc. keep trying to push for testing to get a diagnosis, but try drinking either 2 oz of Apple Cider Vinegar (clean. Dont mix it. If you have to, mix it with a little apple juice)

Usually for me, an attack lasts anywhere from 4-7 hours and is very annoying. Never found any remedy that could help. Last time though, I came across someone saying ACV would help if it was a gallbladder attack of some sort, so I gave it a shot. I was pain free within 20 minutes.

This might help you too, given it is your gallbladder acting up for some reason.

I have had two ultrasounds too, no stones were found, and pancreas looked fine. Endoscopy was clear too and bloodwork fine as well.

Hope you will figure out what is wrong eventually, and I hope you will start feeling better soon!

• Posted

Muscle relaxers help a ton with attacks.

Hope this helps

• Posted

could be possible that a gall stone got lodged somewhere out of sight of the ultra sound,white cells up due to stomach infection ,doctors keep telling me the only reasons you get pancreatitis is from gallstones and longterm alcohol abuse,i myself have CP  from the latter,have patience and get well soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.