Possible oral thrush!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I’ve recently just finished taking 3 courses of antibiotics at one time for a horrible kidney infection I had a few weeks ago. And recently I’ve felt like I had food or something stuck on the back of tongue... fast forward a few hours, i look in the mirror to see what it is, and it’s this gross white almost furry looking patch that goes all the way down my throat. But hadn’t gotten to the front of my tongue yet. It was obviously disgusting so i figured I’ll just scrape it off and it’ll be better.... nope. As soon as I scraped it, i started spitting up blood and my mouth is SOOO sore. Hurts to swallow. I haven’t gone to a doctor but I’ve done some research and it 99.99% looks like it’s oral thrush. 😩😩😩 I’ve been gargling salt water and just tried the apple cider vinegar with water.. anyone else tried these? Or have any other home remedies to help it go away?! How long does it usually take for it to clear up? I’ve been gargling/swishing the salt and apple cider vinegar twice or three times a day.. 😩 so incredibly uncomfortable. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could try eating super spicy peppers like jalapeño if you can handle it.  I heard cayanne pepper helps with gastrointestinal yeast.  

• Posted

Go to your doctor, it is easily curable.  Chlorhexidine mouthwash will help
  • Posted

I had it once, it was so awful. I'm afraid I have it again, does it start with a sore throat and tongue? I honestly don't remember, I think I was in a haze through it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.