possible ovarian cancers ovarian complex cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Daughter was told she has complex cyst ovarian 20 cm and still growing. She had all tests. Result of mri on monday coming. But she had call from cancer team to go in to c them. Now she was told if mri was clear she just go to consultant and have removed. But if malignant she be sent to cancer team dies this mean she has cancer and if so what next. She is 30 and has a baby and a 6 year old am worried for her

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor ladies!!! Hopefully she is clear from cancer. They told me that at age 21 and I would never be able to have babies. At age 24 I had my first daughter with no health issues and no fertility drugs. At age 29 I had my son, again no health issues and he took about 1 year of trying to get pregnant. When my husband and I decided we were happy with just 1 child, that is when our son popped up.

Now at age 43 I just had more cysts/endometriosis along with polyps on the lining of my uterus removed and all tested clean for no cancer. My current Dr said don't assume cancer until it is tested and proven to be.

Best of luck to you guys and don't let the doctors scary you!!!

• Posted

It is not uncommon for cancer doctors to remove cysts as there surgical skills are outstanding.  The only way to know if a cyst is malignant is through a biopsy which is taken during surgery.  Your daughter is young, more than likely it is a benign tumor as mine was.  CA125 tests can also be helpful but they too can have false positive results.  Keep the faith, I really think she will be okay.  Prayers...
    • Posted

Thank you Rhonda she has to see cancer team mondsy we will have news then I have every finger crossed
  • Posted

What a scary time for you and your daughter. Try not to panic.I have been under the Oncologist/Gyn due to 2 large Cysts in the past.I had one removed in 2012 and another one recently and I was in the "concerned" zone.They can only biopsy and be certain after surgery. Your daughter is young and hopefully everything will turn out well for her.Mine turned out to be benign both times despite my consultants concerns.

I know how awful and worrying all this can be 💖

• Posted

Im so sorry your daughter has to go through this. I am also 30 years old just underwent laparotomy 2 weeks ago for a what the doctors told me a complex/ovarian neoplasm because they cannot tell from scans. Turns out it was a dermoid cyst with hair,nails,skin thats why on the exam it looks like a mass. A consultation with a cancer team is normal protocol as i also gone through it. They just basically told me we will open you up and if there is any suspicious cancer characteristic everything must go (ovaries,fallopian tube,uterus and some lymph nodes) its great to have a gynooncologist while having the surgery as they are more trained with "suspicious stuff". Try not to worry until the biopsy results are out. (Easier said than done) she will need the strength for surgery and recovery. I am keeping your daughter in my thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.