Possible Ovarian Cyst? It's really scaring me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I came off the contraceptive pill after 4 years due to headaches in August 2018. I had heavy irregular periods before and I have only had two periods since (November and January). I went to the doctors with a swollen stomach and was treated for a UTI. Antibiotics did not work and urine test confirmed no infection. I am not waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound. I am so scared it is going to be something bad, I am only 21 and I have the following symptoms:

-Swollen stomach

-Urgency before urinating

-Nausea

-Sometimes pain before bowel movements

Also, last week in the gym I was working on abs and all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain, followed by trapped wind like pain for around an hour after. Could I have made things worse?

Discharge is normal and I have had no bleeding since my last period in the beginning of January. Would appreciate any help or advice!! Anyone with a cyst had these symptoms? I'm getting really worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi hun

i am going into hospital on monday to have a large 15cm ovarian cyst removed. i dont know how long i have had it to have gotten that large but i too came off the pill about a year ago and had problems ever since.

i had noticed my tummy getting fat and more frequent urination. i started doing some exercise and got pain in my lower back. i too got sent for ultrasound and thats how it was detected.

dont worry that wont help. if it is it can soon be sorted. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.