Possible partial obstruction

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last two years I've had a rough pattern of being fairly symptom free for around 3-6 weeks then having cramps and pains for around a week to two weeks. During this time I've had many tests and MRI's which showed inconclusive. My most recent MRI finally showed a possibility of a mild partial obstruction. 

I'm also having bladder issues which my Urologist spoke to my surgeon about who both then reviewed the recent MRI saying there was scar tissue and adhesions around the bladder which was likely to be the cause of my bladder problems and advised a course of amitriptyline. My Urologist confirmed that my surgeon said there was evidence of narrowing but nothing that required immediate surgery.

This was a week ago...fast forward to today and I'm day 7 of daily episodes of pain and bloating. They are triggered by eating and its virtually anythjng, today im in pain from scrambled egg! They aren't as horrific as when I have had blockages in the past. They are however like a constant nagging pain that requires strong pain relief, a hot water bottle and to lie down if I am in a situation that I am able to (mostly I'm not and I have to put on a brave face and work through the pain 😢wink. The codeine that I am taking however us now making me nauseous!

This last bout has also presented with quite bad diarrhoea for 3 weeks which I don't normally have.

I'm tempted to ring up my surgeons secretary in order to get another appointment to discuss as I'm unhappy with all the pain.

Oh I'm med free (as in for my Crohn's) as I am really anti medicine and try to cope without it, we'll have done for over 25 years. Added to that it's mostly scar tissue from previous surgeries that causes the issues anyway.

Sorry for such a long post but any thoughts/advice very welcome.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to build a new intestinal flora. How long does it take? Approximately two years and the result is fantastic. How do I know? Fifteen operations, all medicines on the market, all illegal drugs on the market, and then the construction of the new intestinal flora and Chron is no longer present. Doctors could not believe how the fistulas closed themselves. Therefore, food food food is very important !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.