Possible PCOS I need advice :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so I got my periods when I was 14 always been fine and regular from what I remember then when I was about 16 I went on the mini pill which stopped my periods I came off it in November time I think and got my period in december  (not long after) and it came on like the 21st 

it lasted 4 days maybe 

my next period was january 8th and they have been very regular up to current times having a 30/31 day cycle, at first my periods were not light but not heavy lasting maybe 3/4 days and my last period lasted about 5/6 days.

So pretty normal

I started trying for a child in like february but I didn't really get the cycles so the only time I would have unprotected sex from my knowledge now was basically impossible times to get pg (day before period) Last month I think i did it roughly around time of ovulation but never got pregnant

I googled this and everything came up with PCOS so I've been scared and upset ever since because of googling the symptoms

the symptoms that match me are mainly oily skin I have some oily skin on my tzones I get a few spots before a period and when i drink or eat sugary stuff

I also noticed I have 'vellus' hair on my face also known as peach fuzz and I don't know if it is normal I seem to be noticing more ever since I've been worried about it but I've definitely had it before like yeeeeeears back due to looking back at pictures the hair is literally everywhere on my face so my lower cheeks chin below my lip and forehead you can't notice it unless you are up in my grill and I also have hairs which are darker in a 'snail trail' area of my belly its the same texture as the ones on my face as in very light but its a darker colour.

I'm going to speak to my gyno next week

But as women who have PCOS does this sound like it could be?

I'm a 21 year old girl and I wouldn't class myself as obese but I'm a size 12/14 in english size so thats 10/12 in US

does it sound like it could be this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am 20 yrs old and am not formally diagnosed with PCOS. Some of my blood work and symptoms match.. but some do not. It's just the tricky thing about PCOS. There is no set in stone guidelines that you must meet to have it. I have no cysts and normal blood sugar however I have been experiencing the hair and irregular periods. My doctor has started me on metformin and gave me a referral to see an endo for further testing.

One major difference is that my hair growth was much more severe than yours. 4 months after coming off of birth control my whole stomach, lower back, chest, and upper lip sprouted in course, dark hair. My periods were always irregular before the pill but I did not have any of that going on.

Unfortunately it seems doctors are still unsure about PCOS.. and what one might diagnose, another might not. Hopefully all goes well for you!

• Posted

Thank you I really don't have symptoms apart from not getting pregnant sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.