Possible pituitary issue?

Posted , 1 user is following.

so some background information : i am a 20 year old female, i have been diagnosed with PCOS and have hormone imbalance of LH and FSH (one is higher than it should be and the other is too low). these diagnosis' were made when i was 15. my liver enzymes bounce up and down for no reason (reaching a high point of 250 when they should have been around 40... )

Fast forward to now, i have been struggling with some unusual symptoms being: permanently flushed cheeks (not hot too touch either), fatigue, headaches, nausea, extreme back pain and chest pain, abdominal pain and complete absence of menstral cycle (unless the use of estrogen or progesterone was used). i also a very round face and unexplained weight gain.

basically i am two minds whether to ring the doctor on monday or not as i dont want to waste their time and i struggle with social situations (like phone calls due to ASD). Despite this im worried this could be a pituitary gland issue that i may need to get investigated as my gynaecologisted discharged me at 16 not wanting to investigate further my hormone issues unless i wanted to get pregnant in the future. Does this sound likely ? Should i get in touch on Monday ?

thank you for reading and i would appreciate any advice or any experiences you have had that might be similar ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

i have attached an image of how my cheeks look (at their best)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.